strategy for bidding car at BUF airport

uop1497
By uop1497,
in

Hello, I need to rent a full size car at Buffalo airport from 8/12/08 to 8/19/08. My airplan will land very later, near midnight. I am planning to drive from BUF to Toronto downtown, Canada. Please advise the strategy for bidding in order to get a cheap deal.

By the way, I also heard rumor that some car rental company not allow their car to be cross country line. I wonder if it true. If so, how should I deal with that issue if I successfully bid a car deal from PRICELINE. Will I be allow to cancel the bidding for that reason.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Buffalo and Tornoto are within close enough proximity of each other that i think you should be ok, it would be difficult for a car rental company to impose such a restriction being so close to the border. I can't guarantee anything, but i would think you'd be ok and would be able to 'work something out' with PRICELINE should an issue occur. If you're really concerned there are only 4 or 5 car companies that PRICELINE deals with, and you can call them each before bidding to see if any issue driving over the border into Toronto.

What is the best rate for this car class thru the Car Rental Checker? What is HOTWIRE's rate?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE $33.95 / day

Car rental checker $30.02/day Alamo is the cheapest

The problem is when I call the reservation desk at Buffalo airport, the phone number there is very busy and automatically the system transfer me to central reservation. Therefore, I can not get a straight answer for sure.

Alamo has a "Contact Us" form on their website which you can use to ask your question.

If you want to bid, given the time before your rental, i would start at $20 and incrase $2 every 72 hours which should get you up to your maximum bid in 2 weeks or so.

Please use our Priceline Car Rental link to begin any bidding that you do.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]