Priceline Hotel: Paris - September - Bidding Advice

mjaf
By mjaf,
in

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to PL (never bid before in my life) but I've been reading numerous threads on this board (it's awesome!!!) and have familiarized myself with the rebidding strategy.

I'm looking for some advice on a 4* property in Paris. It appears that one of the other posts/threads below has a similar request. However, I would only like a property in two areas:

Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

I will need eight nights in late September/early October (exact dates aren't confirmed yet). I noticed the one of the other forum members asked if it would be better to break up their stay ... but I didn't see an answer. Not sure if someone could comment on that for me in this case?

Maximum bid is $140 ... obviously, the lower, the better!

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Mjaf

First try with your entire stay.

But look at the web rates for likely candidate hotels. If you notice that some days are more expensive than others, it's quite possible these days will require a higher Priceline rate. So by breaking up the stay, you may have to pay more for the more expensive days, but you will pay less for the less expensive days, at least in theory.

For 4* hotels, usually the weekend is the cheapest time.

Late September/early October is a really expensive time, due to trade fairs and what not. I would book a backup now, and I would not expect $140 to be enough for a bid. If you get it, then you will be lucky, but it's more reasonable to plan that you won't.

Also look at HOTWIRE rates.

With time on your side we'll make this a three step process...

At the 4* level you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* OQE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Champs Elysees

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* OQE and Champs Elysees...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

The above is probably too low, but i'd start there just to lowball your first round.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

Thanks for the bidding advice. I've tried it a few times now ... no luck. But I keep getting offered a hotel for $169 after my bids are rejected.

Just to make sure I understand:

When I get this 'offer', I can't go back and bid again ... so I close the browser and re-access PL. Is this correct?

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll keep trying with the strategy and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the bidding advice. I've tried it a few times now ... no luck. But I keep getting offered a hotel for $169 after my bids are rejected.

When I get this 'offer', I can't go back and bid again ... so I close the browser and re-access PL. Is this correct?

I'm not sure what you're asking/trying to do... are you looking to accept their $169/nite offer, bid again (wihtout adding another zone) at a lower price than their $169/nite offer, or just continue on with the strategy above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

I'm trying to continue along with the bidding strategy that you helped me with. But I keep getting that offer ... So I close PL and re-enter ... more times than you have written out in the strategy. But I think I'm still doing it right...

Thanks. Will keep you posted.

I received the counter offer of $169 when I bid $100 for a 4* property in Champs Elysees. I don't receive any counter offer when I bid for Opera Quarter East. Why? Do you think if I raise my bid to about $130 or so, I'll be able to get something in CE?

It may (or may not) take more than $130, but i think you have a decent chance at under your $140 maximum bid as stated above. If ultimately rejected at $140 you can then decide if it's worth going a bit higher or looking at alternatives. 24 hours after your last rejected bid i would try again as follows:

Select 4* OQE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Champs Elysees

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* OQE and Champs Elysees...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to use this PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi - sorry for the delayed response. i got as high as $125 or so and then just gave up for the time being. we're not going until september so i will wait a couple of months...

hope something works out for you! please post if it does!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,I think your deal is fabulous, and I would love to get the same hotel. Do you think it would apply for June 22-27, or is this time of the year going to be dramatically different than in November? It will be my first time to Paris, and Im thinking this is the best area? Location (close to metro and walking distance to some sites) is the most important to me, as long as the hotel is clean and safe. Any advice?

• 11 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]