Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver failed bids

discodouglas
By discodouglas,
in

I saw on one of the cruise boards where a guy won a 4* in Vancouver in May for $90. You may be just off the mark. At the 4* level everything but the Airport is a free bid. But you really need to review the FAQ and figure out how to tell yourself. Its really easy once you get the hang of it.

Simply check each zone individually and see what star levels are available. Uncheck that one and check the next to see what is available. Take notes and continue till all zones are noted. Then you know where your free rebids fall.

Good luck.

Most are paying $85 through April. Cruise season starts in May and things change a lot. I've bid up to $146 for a stay in July with no luck. At this point all you can do is book a workable back-up reservation which can be cancelled, bide your time, and hope that the hotels allocate Priceline some lower priced inventory closer to your stay.

I went back and checked, the $90 win I saw was in April instead of May and that makes a lot of difference. It seems many folks are in the same boat we are in waiting on some PRICELINE inventory in Vancouver. Hopefully, we will eventually have some luck.

I have bid a few times up to $95 for 4* in Vancouver for May 12th to 17th. No luck - not even a counter offer. Now I am a bit nervous about bidding anymore as I really don't want to stay at Pacific Palisades as the reviews are so bad. They seem heavily booked for these dates and probably wouldn't have any availability to let me upgrade to a quiet room.

• 2 weeks later...
I find HOTWIRE is overpriced in the Vancouver area...
We'll have to see where you ultimately have success in your bidding.

Although HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, it can be worth it if you're trying to avoid or target a particular property. If you can get win a hotel for $20 less on PRICELINE, but it's a property you were trying to avoid, is the savings worth it? (each person will answer this differently, as some would rather have the $20 in their pocket while others would prefer their prefered hotel)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

blacklab,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the dates of your stay and post your failed bids, it might help others save time looking in this area for the same dates, trying bids which have already been rejected.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]