Priceline to India

Pramod
By Pramod,
in

Hi,

I have bought a non-opaque (retail) return ticket from Boston to Bangalore for the end of May. I have got a good deal (1150$), and the paper tickets have reached me as well.

I just wanted to ask, if any of you have flown to India using Priceline had to face any problems before/during the travel. I ask this because, I haven't seen many of them use Priceline to travel to Asia.

Pramod

I know I am being a bit paranoid! But, I have heard stories of passengers who had bought Priceline tickets and who missed the connecting flight due to a delay / the flight was cancelled, the airlines would not help them and were asked to deal with priceline themselves. And Priceline would ask them to deal with the airlines!

I have a retail ticket. So, hopefully it should not be a problem (although, I hope none of my flights are delayed/cancelled)!!

• 5 years later...

Hi Promod,

We are also thinking of bidding thru' priceline for our travel from Atlanta to Bangalore. I don't have any priceline experience for india bidding, would you mind posting some useful tips? In our case the lowest price for travel in August online is around $1600, so do you think we would have any luck if we bid say $1100? When you bid from Boston to Blore, how much discount did you get on your winning bid? By the way, what airlines, how many stops were in your iterinary?

Thanks for your patience?

-SriSri

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]