Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Courtyard Marriott in Troy?

hawk99
By hawk99,
in

welcome to BetterBidding!

because you are likely to get your bid accepted at a substantial discount to the standard rates, you can't choose your destination. If you are bidding at the 2.5* level, you have to accept any hotel at 2.5* or above. You can always get upgraded to a 3* which may then have added costs such as parking, wifi, or breakfast.

Not all of the hotels that participate with the Shop and Compare site are available on the Name Your Own Price site either. Yes the * ratings should be the same on both sites.

March 28 - 30 (2 nights). Courtyard Marriott is $80/night on their website. Hilton 3* is around the same range.

I would think you could get one of them bidding 3* starting at 42.00. If rejected, then 24 hours later start the re-bidding increase by $3.00. If you really want to stay on the cheap and see what the lowest rating is (and you have time.) Start with 2* at 23.00 a night. then every 24 hours bump it up a couple bucks. If it was me, once I hit a reject at 30.00, I'd start going for the 2.5 start. Then again, being a girl, I perfer 4* but will do 3* if it means I get to travel. <G>

Cheryl

I'm sure Thereuare or someone else has better bidding advice, but the above would have a good chance of nabbing one of the two properties you listed.

because you are likely to get your bid accepted at a substantial discount to the standard rates, you can't choose your destination.

you can't target your bid to a specific property, you must be willing to accept any 2.5* in that zone. A higher bid will not increase your chances of getting the Courtyard, you will only overpay.

You need to make a decision between price and targeting the property you want...

If price is most important then roll the dice and bid on priceline; if targetting a specific property is important start with HOTWIRE and see if the hotel(s) offered match any which you're trying to target.

Please use the links in my signature to begin any purchases/bidding you do.

Let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]