Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire 3* in Flagstaff - any idea which hotel?

djohannw
By djohannw,
in

Hi,

does anyone have an idea what hotel could be hidden behind the 3* in Flagstaff? My guess would be either a Hilton-property (but then which...Embassy Suites are usually 3.5*, and I do not know if the Garden Inn does participate) or the Radisson, but that would be pretty expensive at 65$ for my dates (usually goes for 20$ less on Priceline). I probably can get the Flagstaff Fairfield Inn for ~ 7 GBP on the Priceline.co.uk site using the bonus-money, but I would prefer something more upscale.

Anybody got some ideas???

Greetings - Dirk

It would probably help if you also listed the amenities that Hotwire shows for the hotel... THOSE are a better tip-off as to what hotel it may be than the star level (as there may be a few 3* hotels in the area, but only one that has both a "pool" AND a "fitness center", as an example). Also, which sub-zone of Flagstaff is this.... East or Central?

It's also been suggested that the amenities shown in Hotwire often match the amenities show in Expedia (but not necessarily the star ratings), so comparing the amenities of this 3* hotel to the amenities of all of the 2*-4* hotels on Expedia might be a good place to start until somebody here that knows the area might be able to help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It would probably help if you also listed the amenities that Hotwire shows for the hotel... THOSE are a better tip-off as to what hotel it may be than the star level (as there may be a few 3* hotels in the area, but only one that has both a "pool" AND a "fitness center", as an example). Also, which sub-zone of Flagstaff is this.... East or Central?

It's also been suggested that the amenities shown in Hotwire often match the amenities show in Expedia (but not necessarily the star ratings), so comparing the amenities of this 3* hotel to the amenities of all of the 2*-4* hotels on Expedia might be a good place to start until somebody here that knows the area might be able to help.

It would probably help if you also listed the amenities that Hotwire shows for the hotel...

Well, these are pretty much non-helpful in my opinion:

- Restaurant(s) At least one restaurant is located on the hotel premises.

- Pool(s) Hotel features at least one pool area. (Note: This amenity offering may be seasonal. Please check hours/availability directly with the hotel.)

- Fitness Center Hotel features exercise equipment.

- Laundry Facilities (self-service) Hotel offers guests access to a coin-operated washer/dryer.

The zone is Central Flagstaff, and I have been to that area a few times already, but I have no clue what hotel this could refer to. I'm pretty certain it's not the Embassy Suites...their opaque-rates are much higher than what Thanks for the Expedia tip...I will look into that!

Greetings - Dirk

Well, these are pretty much non-helpful in my opinion:

Just to explain further why the amenities ARE important (as i'm sure there are others who feel the same way that you do).....

"Suite" (indicated by a Red "S" icon) is an amenity that Hotwire shows for Suite Hotels, given the fact that your amenity list doesn't show this red "S" icon, i would guess that the hotel you're looking at is NOT the Embassy Suites.

I took a quick look at the Expedia list and agree that the most likely candidates are the Radisson and the Hilton. While both properties offer pools, restaurants, and a fitness center, ONLY the Hilton shows valet/laundry facilities (the Radisson does not mention either at all, but just because it's not listed at Expedia doesn't mean it does not exist at that property). I took the next step and called each hotel (ok, i'm curious) and both DO have coin operated laundry machines on the premises, which is why you can't assume that just because it's not listed with Expedia that the amenity is not offered. Also, the Radisson advertises a shuttle bus service to/from the airport, while the Hilton does not state whether they do or not. I would think that there might be a "shuttle bus" icon listed if the 3* property being show was the Radisson.

Of course it could be ANY hotel, even one that we haven't considered, but i would lean towards the Hilton given the fact that the amenities are a better match with what the Hilton advertises than with what the Radisson advertises.

To take this a step further, let's assume that Hotwire deals with BOTH of the above hotels and these are the only 3* hotels they deal with in the area. In the future when looking at a 3* hotel in the Flagstaff area, we would be able to figure out whether it is the Hilton or the Radisson being offered by whether or not there is a laundry icon listed in the amenity section; in addition to whether or not there is a shuttle bus icon. So this, along with the Red "S" example above, are why the amenities are important. Also, once you purchase the hotel, you can no longer see a list of the amenties, which is why we ask that users write them down on a piece of paper BEFORE the purchase.

Let us know what you end up doing and how it all works out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

"Suite" (indicated by a Red "S" icon) is an amenity that Hotwire shows for Suite Hotels, given the fact that your amenity list doesn't show this red "S" icon, i would guess that the hotel you're looking at is NOT the Embassy Suites.

Just a small feedback to that: I bought the Summerfield Suites SFO through Hotwire last year (based on the "S" sign and the assumption that the other amenities listed could only lead to that hotel or the Embassy Suites), and when checking the amenities later after the stay (when the amenities still showed up after the purchase), they had modified the amenities NOT to show the "S"-sign any more. The Summerfield Suites SFO is a three star, btw.

In addition to that I would buy into your assumption that it's the HGI. Seems that the HGI-chain also participates with Hotwire and Priceline, at least to some extend (did not see that chain come up too often).

I finally ended up using Priceline.co.uk this time and went with a two-star in Flagstaff which was the Fairfield Inn as expected. Paid 8GBP plus the 10GBP bonus for each night. 6 GBP was rejected, so I guess I was close (for those GBP-impaired... :) : The total including bonus-money is about 28$).

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]