Priceline Hotel: 2* Burlington Fairfield Inn and Suites

Neelee
By Neelee,
in

Pinned this one after trying for Mount Vernon. I don't recall Burlington being an option in the past. I travel to this area at least 2x per year so this bid made me a happy camper because Mount Vernon always played hard-ball and I always ended up using one of those Rest Area coupon books for a better deal than what P/L could give me.

Anyway....sorry for the boring history. Here's the bid history (I did remember to use savingsbarn.com this time)

Only 2* available in the Mount Vernon, WA area. I needed four(4) rooms:

Bid $33 on 2* - Mount Vernon >>> rejected

Added free rebid - 2* Burlington @ $35 >>>> ACCEPTED

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $35.00

Subtotal: $280.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $40.88

Total Charges*: $320.88

For some reason, hindsight says I should have started lower, but after checking the hotel's web site ($109/nite), I think this is a good price.

thank you for your winning post and thanks for using the links at savingsbarn

looks like you saved about $600 for this trip, so I'd say a big Well Done! We all have buyers remorse when we get a bid accepted right away, but in your case, you have locked into a great rate and those coupon books (which I use frequently as well) only work for same day walk ins. If the hotel won't accept the coupon once it gets above a pre-set occupancy level, around 80-85%. I have successfully bid on a room only to find out later that the hotel became sold out. Had I waited longer and tried to use a coupon, I would have been denied.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]