Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) InterContinental

MadDash
By MadDash,
in

now let's hope they don't charge $40 for parking and/or put me in the basement

they won't charge $40 for parking, its $48 :)

call the hotel the day of check in and request a room on a high floor, if you are a Priority Club Member, this could help.

Thanks for your post, sounds like you got a terrific deal

The Intercontinental has 2 towers - the historic and the new tower. The historic tower is a $50 upgrade; I don't think it's worth it as the new tower (which I've stayed in via Priceline & Hotwire - and they definitely didn't put me in the basement) is just fine.

This is a very nice hotel with a great location and a pretty fascinating history - the hotel pool is one of the first public pools on a high floor and was considered a feat of engineering when first built in 1929. The pool still looks about the same and is quite stunning.

Chicago hotel parking being $40+ is a fact of life - hotels are almost all $40+ and will probably crack the $50 mark in the next year or two.

You could park in the Millennium Park lot for about $23; that's about 6 blocks South and underground. You may also be able to find a garage in the area that's $25-30 instead of the $48 the hotel charges.

Excellent hotel deal, though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]