Hotwire Hotel: 3* hotel in O'Hare Intl Airport ORD North

daydreamer33
By daydreamer33,
in

Hi, we'll be visiting Chicago from May 3-7th. First 2 nights we'll be staying at the Marriott O'Hare for business and are given a special group rate for those 2 nights but then we're on our own. The next 2 nights (May 5th-7th) will be for pleasure and we're thinking of staying close in a hotel by ORD North or South to have a better probability for free parking since we'll be renting a car during that time period to explore the city. We'd like to avoid the expensive parking Chicago is known for if at all possible. :)

Would be open to any other suggestions as well for areas in Chicago we should consider looking at for hotels with free parking & free internet access. As well as suggestions for things we should do/see/eat!

Any help on the options below? I used the link to HOTWIRE from this website. Thanks in advance for the help!

3-star hotel in O'Hare Intl Airport ORD North - $93

Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, High Speed Internet

2.5-star hotel in O'Hare Intl Airport ORD North - $69

Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center

3-star hotel in O'Hare Intl Airport ORD South - $69

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, High Speed Internet, Golf nearby, Children's Activity Program

Welcome to BetterBidding!

we'll be renting a car during that time period to explore the city
Are you sure you want a rental car during this period? I assume you're exploring "Downtown Chicago", most of which is easily accessible via mass transit. As well, if you intend to take a car to explore the city, where will you park the car once you get into the city itself?

I'm not sure upon your needs and/or budget, but if i interpret your needs correctly, i would sooner forego the rental car and stay downtown... but again, don't know if this would work for your needs and/or budget, so let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We're from southern California so our familiarity with mass transit is basically nil. My husband feels more comfortable with a rental car and having the freedom and option of driving around those 2 days I guess. And since we're flying back out from O'hare on Wed afternoon, he figures it would be simpler to get back to the airport that way. Last time we visited Chicago a few years ago we had our own car with us and must have been fairly lucky in finding inexpensive parking while we were there because I don't remember paying exorbitant fees at the time (I believe we visited Lincoln Zoo & Navy Pier). I believe we stayed in Schaumburg because I had business there.

I, however, am open to any and all suggestions. We don't have a plan yet on what we are going to do during our free time in Chicago. If we had a good plan mapped out on how to use the el train to get to and from where we need to be, and you think it'd be better to stay downtown, I'd be all for it. :) But I'm also open to hotels in suburbs that are within 15-20 miles from downtown (that's about the same distance the airport is from downtown, right?) for free parking & internet if we end up getting a car rental.

Well i love mass transit... to me that is freedom as it allows me to easily, quickly, and inexpensively get around a big city without the hassle of driving, as well as gives me a true feel for a city by immersing myself among the locals... but to each their own and i totally understand the 'other side' from those who aren't used to or comfortable with mass transit.

It's your vacation and you need to do what you are comfortable with (otherwise your vacation may not be much of a vaction :) ), but since you're stay is a few months away and you say that you are open to suggestions, maybe AaronJB or somebody else local to the area will chime in with some thoughts regarding the above... but i do think that if you're trying to 'experience' Chicago, you're not going to get a real taste of the city by staying at the Airport.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Well, based on the feedback we received, looks like we're not going to stay by the airport for the nights following our business obligations. Will be looking into hotels in the city instead and looking into the public transportation system rather than renting a car. Thanks for the help! Will use the HOTWIRE link from here once I'm ready to book!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]