Priceline Hotel: Bidding strategy for NYC 4* March 31-April 2?

AppleHead
By AppleHead,
in

Hello,

I need to stay 2 nights (3/31&4/1) and leave on April 2. Has to be a 4*. Midtown East is ideal but I could also do Upper Midtown, Times Square and Midtown West. I believe my rebids are Upper East and West sides, correct? My maximum per night is $200 but I would much rather have it closer to $150.

I appreciate your help.

Are you willing to pay more to be in the MTE zone... or is your real goal the least expensive 4* hotel in any of the four zones above?

If the East side is a primary goal, Quickbook has the Eastgate Tower for $176/nite (non-cancellable), a sold 3* property with very good reviews... would this be an acceptable alternative to lower your maximum bid to $170/nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked out the Eastgate and it doesn't fit the bill. I need a 4* with a $200 per night maximum (though I would obviously like to pay less if I can). Midtown East is where my business will take place so that would be ideal for the hotel location but the other zones should also work with a cab ride. A solid 4* at $200 or less is the priority.

I think you're saying that price is more important than zone? If so, you can try as follows:

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Times Square and UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and Times Square...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and Times Square...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and Times Square...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and Times Square and MTE...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and Times Square and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and Times Square and MTE and MTW...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct, a 4* is the goal. I tried bidding all the way to the end per your provided strategy and got rejected every time. Does this mean that $200 a night is simply not going to work or should I keep trying over the next few weeks to see if the stars will align? I am concerned that prices will only go higher the closer April gets. Is this a legitimate concern?

Not me. It's just an expensive few days. End of March has good rates, but entering April is the problem. I booked a cancellable reservation w/ The Westin in Times Square for $338 for 3 nights and used a coupon on Orbitz for $50 off (50afforb). You can also book the Sheraton Hotel & Towers for $295 and use the coupon. The W in Times Square is $326 and coupon would also apply. Other than that, Empire is at $295, but I think it's an inferior hotel.

FYI, I bid up to $270 and didn't get a win, so I prefered spending a bit more and choosing the hotel than what I feared was ultimately a win at The Empire at $280+.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]