Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Milliniem-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

wascooper
By wascooper,
in

I have been trying to bid on 3* and up room for March 31-April 2. The most I've bid up to is $75.00 and I am getting no luck. Does anyone know of any conventions in town that I am not aware of? I can switch the dates to 4/1-4/3 if that gets me a better rate. Any suggestions for a good room or what to bid in order to get a good deal? I've found a 4 star near MP for 129 on HOTWIRE, so I'd like to beat that and I'd rather stay in a 3* and up since we are taking our kids. We are looking at MP or NMA, but I would consider Lincoln Park for the right price. Thanks for any help!

Nothing really in Lincoln Park hotel-wise.

One fairly big convention is what's causing it:

3/29/2008 -

4/1/2008 ACC.08, The SCAI Annual Scientific Sessions In Partnership with ACC i2 Summit Convention McCormick Place North;McCormic

k Place South

Delegates: 28000

Rates are looking better for 4/1-3, but are still running higher-than-average.

I don't think $75 is going to be realistic for either set of dates, but the second set is going to be more reasonable. I wouldn't rule out bidding for a 4*, as you may have better luck with that due to the likelyhood of more inventory (given that there's more 4* Priceline properties in either downtown area than 3*.)

We are coming with kids to Chicago during roughly the same time period (4/1 to 4/4). I know you're looking to spend no more than $75 (as are we), but Travelzoo just started a special yesterday at the 4* Amassador East Hotel for several dates through May at $85 a night ($105 for 2 doubles). This price is valid for March 18-27 and April 1-9 among other dates. It is cancellable up to 24 hours prior to check-in date. You may consider booking a reservation (use rate code DISZO2) as a backup while you tray to win a better rate on Priceline.

Win..Win..Win

4/1 to 4/3 $80 4* NMA: rejected

Used free rebid of Midway upped to $90: rejected

Added MP 4*, bid $90: rejected

Used different card, bid $100 for NMA and MP 4*: ACCEPTED AT THE PALMER HOUSE

Showing my son skyscrapers for the first time: PRICELESS!!!

Paid a bit more than I wanted to, but it seemed that that was my only option...must be spring break for some people. Still, $100 for a 4* hotel downtown, across from Grant Park is not bad, not bad at all!

Thanks for the help, and of course, we used savingsbarn.com

Congratulations on your win!

Seems like you're happy with the results :)

Glad to hear of your success and that you're looking forward to showing your son the finer things in life (add to that list Chicago Deep Dish Pizza and Chicago Style hot Dogs!)

Thank you for posting your win and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bids.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips for cheaper parking near the Palmer House? We are considering taking the train from Indiana, but the Palmer House is two blocks from both the VanBuren and Randolph train stations and we are lugging 2 kids (and their stuff!) Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

These garages are between about $20-25:

Parking

Convenient and security-patrolled 24-hour parking is located in the Millennium Park, Grant Park North, Grant Park South and East Monroe Street underground garages. For rates, directions and other information please visit, www.MillenniumGarages.com or call 312.616.0600.

The garages are easily accessed from North Michigan Avenue (south of Randolph), South Michigan Avenue (north of Congress Parkway), and Lower Columbus Avenue (south of Randolph). For driving directions to the parking garages, please call 312.616.0600 or click here for a printable version: http://www.grantparkparking.com/PDF/DrivingDirections.pdf

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]