Priceline Hotel: 4* Copenhagen- April 30-May 4, 2008

norwegianwife
By norwegianwife,
in

Hello.

We are headed to Copenhagen and I tried our luck last night for the first time. Went through Savings Barn and bid up to 120 dollars, no luck, no counter offers.

Seems as though the Priceline staple for Copenhagen is the Marriot. A look at their website showed little availability for our nights.

Booked a cancellable backup via Hotels.com, but if anyone has any ideas or leads for some good deals for a 4* on our dates, would love to hear about them!

Thanks!

Where and how much is your back-up with Hotels.com? (which we're an affilate of :) )

Hi Thereuare!

Here is what I booked on Hotels.com:

Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden

Vesterbrogade 107

COPENHAGEN 01620

Danmark

Totalpris : 8 015.40 NOK

So, it AINT cheap! May 1 is a holiday round here, so I wanted to book something before everything booked up!!! Now in hind sight, it's just too expensive for a place to eat...even if it is pretty and has an organic breakfast!

I found out I can get a good rate through my company for the Copenhagen Strand hotel for 885 Danish Kroner a night, which is about 150 USD or so. And shockingly cheap for CPH...so may just go for that one!

It's not a 4*, but thinking about it, we really don't NEED a 4*...3 is fine!

It now has me wondering what kind of hotels come up on Priceline for 3* in Copenhagen??? any history of anything other than a 4*?

Didn't know Hotels.com was an affiliate! Will do so in the future!

Will keep you updated!

The Mermaid Hotel is now Hotel 27, and it has been extensively refurbished. In my opinion, this is one of the best locations possible, certainly better than the Marriott, and I would happily stay there again (although I haven't tried the renovated version). It's not cheap, though, if you book it directly.

Try the Best Western site. We did not end up going to Copenhagen again last summer, but I had booked a three nights for the price of two deal at Best Western Hebron that worked out to about 650 DKK per night, including breakfast - an excellent deal. If you want this deal, try looking up three nights by themselves, because the program does not seem capable of applying this discount to a longer stay. You'd then have to book the other two nights separately.

Try these sites too:

http://www.copenhagen-hotels.se/

http://www.woco.dk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Well, I ended up cancelling my booking at the original hotel on Hotels.com, as I felt it was too expensive. Our friends we are going with found a great rate at Hotel 27! We got a buy 3 nights get the 4th night free, so that made the price average about 150 bucks a night! The rate also includes breakfast AND dinner!!!

So, we are happy!

As always, thanks for all of your help!!!

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]