Hotwire Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip) New York New York

jaffar
By jaffar,
in

I agree it is probably NYNY. When checking vacation packages NYNY is listed and TI is not. When I was trying to decide if I was looking at NYNY or TI for 5/27-5/30 I looked at the packages and only saw a package available for TI. I went ahead and booked and it was TI. It could always be TI or some other property but I would give it a high probability of being NYNY.

Can someone please explain to me the double the difference guarantee?

Hotwire offered me the rate of $162 for both nights, but I found that Orbitz offered $100 for the first night and $111 for the second night.

Hotwire took the average of both nights ($105.50) and refunded me double the difference, 4 * $56.50 = $226.

That all works out fine for me but I was expecting a little more. Somewhere on this forum I read that Hotwire took the first (lowest) of a competing rate and refunded based on that rate, not on the average. Which is why in my case, I was expecting a refund of $162-$100=$62. That brings it to a total of 4 * $62 = $248. So why did Hotwire take the average instead?

I remember that post and from the beginning i questioned the user's interpretation of the guarantee... it just didn't make any sense.

Since Hotwire rates are averaged over the cost of a stay and presented to you on a per nite basis, i believe a successful claim must be for the same exact check-in and check-out dates. In other words, you can't make a claim for one nite of your multiple nite stay.

A comparison is then made for the entire stay on Hotwire (not including fees and taxes... so multiplying the per nite rate by the number of nites) vs. the cost of the stay thru another source that you are claiming is cheaper. So in your example:

Hotwire: $324 ($162 x 2)

Orbitz: $211

Difference: $113

Double the Difference= $226 ($113 x 2)

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]