Rental Car

Boots
By Boots,
in

As i say, this is OUR board, so if you want it, i'll put it up.

I'm just trying to think of how to make a category for it without having an entire list of states like we do for Hotels, as i don't want the first page to be too long.

I'll think i'll put a rental car area but sub-divide it into 2 categories, "States A-M" and "States N-Z and International". I can further divide it as we see what areas are generating the most posts.

Do you think that would work for the time being OR do you (or anyone else) have a better suggestion on how to categorize it? (although this will be implemented in 10 minutes or so, don't heisitate to offer another way to set it up if you have a better idea)

Would the board like a similar set-up for Airline Tickets as well?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have used Priceline just once for a hotel. I have never used Hotwire, but may be interested in the future. I am intrigued by the idea that Hotwire beats Priceline for car rental. Are there other areas that Hotwire beats Priceline on regularly or is it more a matter of timing? Thanks for starting up this site. The more information with which we are armed, the more likely we are to save money.

I play them against each other.

I usually check out the prices on Hotwire (whether it be for Hotel, Rental Car, Flight) and then i will bid on Priceline, using the Hotwire rates as my upper limit.

HOWEVER, if i have a high degree of certainty of the hotel that Hotwire is offering and it's one that i really want, AND there are certain Priceline hotels in the zone that i DON"T want... then i'd just take the Hotwire hotel.

Also, if i'm taking a trip and need certain amenties (for instance, if i'm traveling with children who want to swim while away from home OR wanted an "all suite all hotel" OR wanted a kitchenette), then i would also use Hotwire since they show you the amenities offered.

For me, price is often the most important factor i'm interested in, but as you can see above there are instances where one service has a benefit over the other.... regardless of price.

I usually recommend that people don't concern themselves which is cheaper "most" of the time, all that really matters is which will be cheaper for your next purchase. The only way to know this is to compare each of them before each purchase, as well as compare to any special offers hotels in the area are offering (there were some recent "buy 2 get the 3rd nite free deals in NYC" that made the rate cheaper than BOTH Hotwire and Priceline).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]