Priceline Hotel: Phoenix - Where to stay?

jzimmer14
By jzimmer14,
in

Hello all!

My wife and I are travelling to Phoenix in April. We have decided we want to look at buying a vacation property (we are from Canada), and Phoenix is where we decided we wanted to start looking, without ever having been there. So, we were hoping that someone would have some insight for us as to where in Phoenix we should stay while we are there? i.e. we want hotels that are close to where would there actually be good places to live in Phoenix.

We want to get a good feel for the area we would look to buy a place. We would probably look at a 3* or better hotel.

thanks

All posts should have a resolution, even if priceline or HOTWIRE aren't used. It 'closes' out your thread and lets future readers know what you ultimately did rather than left wondering (ie- did they win and not report it, were they never successful, did they even try bidding again, etc, etc??) As well, other users who have helped would be interested in knowing if their advice worked or not, in addition to helping them 'fine tune' the advice for future users.

In regards to your Phoenix stay, i think you're doing this in the wrong order. Phoenix is a BIG place, i would try to do research online first to learn about the different areas and determine which one(s) will most likely interest you the most, and then try to get a hotel centrally located.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What kind of area and price range of homes will you be looking for? Will you be looking for a senior community as most have age restrictions? Are you looking for just homes or also mobile homes?

We are hoping to get a condo. Something that does not require maintenance year round, as we will not be living there year round. We are probably looking for around $200,000 and maybe a bit higher. We are in our 30s, so definately not a seniors community. We do not have kids right now, but, may in the future so a family community would be good. We also would like to be able to rent it out to short term renters when we are not in town, to make some revenue.

from the research we have done before, I am guessing we are looking in the East to North East...

If I were you I would bid these areas, Scottsdale, Mesa, and Tempe in this order. The only problem with bidding Tempe is it includes a not so good part of South Phoenix. You might even bid Fountain Hills for resort as the Radisson Fort Mcdowell can be had cheap some times and the place is real nice. Plus its the only resort I have ever seen come up on the board in this area. Its about 10-15 miles to Mesa and Scottsdale from the Radisson.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]