Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal-SeaWorld) Four Points Studio City

WaltPA
By WaltPA,
in

I put in a "Name your own price" Priceline bid for a 3* hotel located near Universal in Orlando for $80 a night, and got the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Orlando on International Drive.

My problem is that this hotel really has two sections. There is the 3* section that has rooms which include free continental breakfast, complimentary robes, free internet, etc. The hotel calls this their "club" section.

Then there is what I would call the cheaper 2* section of the hotel. Smaller rooms. No free breakfast. Internet costs an additional $10 per day. Stuff like that.

When I checked in, I found I got one of the 2* rooms. :)

Yea, it was nice room. It was clean. But no better than a Days Inn room just across the street which has a "full price" of $60 a night. And at $60, Days Inn still includes a free continental breakfast and free internet.

Sorry, but IMHO, I felt that Priceline did a "bait and switch" with me. I place a bid for a 3* room, but was delivered a 2* room. :) I sent Priceline a nice friendly FYI email, assuming that they might not be aware of this, and got a "tough luck" response that read like it was written by one of their lawyers.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your win and experience at this property with the board. Can you please add a reply with the date(s) of your stay so that we can add this information to the topic title, as well as have this win appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Unfortunately there is no industry standard for star ratings, and therefore are objective. One person could call the room you received a 2* and the 'other' rooms a 3*... just as somebody else could label them 3* and 4* respectively.

Did you inquire regarding upgrading to the other wing of the hotel? (either complimentary or for an additional fee?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The problem may be you're bidding a little high - as Jan 1 thru Feb 11th is the absolute low season at Universal. We stayed there Feb 4th for $44. a night and had free extra nights if we wanted it. I would also go to Starwoods site and become a member of Starwoods points program. They love that. When you check in, ask for any upgrades. They threw in the wireless internet for free. We stayed on the 12th floor and the room was a bit small but everything new and beautiful. Beds were great, beautiful view. But that's really all I care about is that the room is really nice so Mommy is happy. If Mommy is happy, everyone is happy. Tried to re-bid for this hotel for March 3'rd and wouldn't take it up to $48. Hope this helps -

Yea, I guess the fact that they had those better rooms, with more "free" amenities, is what got me more than the number of stars.

Yea, I asked about upgrading to one of their 3* rooms at check in. The clerk look at their computer screen, and quickly came back with "not at what you are paying". So, I just left it at that. However, now that I see that others have bid and won with almost 1/2 of what I bid, I really think I should have gotten one of their 3* rooms. In other words, their 2* rooms would have been a good deal at $44, but at $80, I deserved one of their 3* rooms (and I thought I was bidding on a 3* room!).

Well, at least I didn't pay the "full internet" price of $110 for the 2* room, or $160 for the 3* room.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. :)

WaltPA,

you have things mixed up here.

The 3* rooms you're talking about is the club Floor rooms. There is atleast $50 difference to standard rooms and club floor at this hotel. And it's unlikley that you get the club floor at this hotel. You can be lucky to get upgraded when it's slow times at a hotel or if you have a member chard for the chain you stay at.

Many hotels got standard rooms and executive/club floor/De luxe rooms etc. Priceline rooms are allways the standard rooms. It's up to the hotel to upgrade you when you arrive. And it was a stupid comet the clerk gave you at C/I

Yes, you bid at a 3* room and you got it. You did not bid at the best rooms at the hotel. I do feel sorry for you that you're unhappy. But I have to say that this hotel is a solid 3* comparing to many other 3* hotels in Orlando. Sure, you made a rookie misstake, but we all have done that. But you saved $30/night :)

Feel free to come back to the board when it's time for your next stay. And the board will try to help you to get the best deal.

Cheers!

Henrik.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]