Hotwire Hotel: An Orlando Rosen mystery?

notfes53
By notfes53,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you look at the Rosen in our lists the latest report (prior to yours) was for the Resort, Restaurant, etc, etc.

Under that, with a line thru it, are the prior amentieis that were seen, and these seem to be the ones that you are currently seeing (albeit at the 4* level). This hotel appears to change its amenity icons (and now star rating too, as it had been reported as a 4* in the past as well) which i don't think does anything except cheapen Hotwire's product. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the replies received so far.

Yes BillJ (wcj1), There is definitely scope for confusion as there are two Rosen hotels in the Universal-Sea World zone of Orlando, and I am thoroughly confused as both hotels seem to look alike, superficially, from their exterior photos:

- Rosen Plaza, 9700 International Drive Orlando, Florida 32819-8114 (407) 996-9700 - 800 newly decorated guest rooms - Shopping across the street at Pointe Orlando - Two restaurants, pizza shop, 24-hour deli and room service; Heated swimming pool with cascading waterfall & whirlpool

- Rosen Centre, 9840 International Drive Orlando, Florida 32819 (407) 996-9840 - 1,134 rooms - adjacent to the Orange County Convention Centre - Large 3-meal restaurant, 24-hour deli, fine dining restaurant, two lounges, room service; Beautiful swimming grotto & tennis courts

Even tripadvisor adds to the confusion. See their separate pages for the Rosen Centre and Rosen Plaza, and they both refer to an article from Go2orlando.com entitled "Rosen Plaza Hotel".

So, there are two separate Rosen hotels at separate addresses. I now realise that I made a mistake thinking that the hotel where I'd stayed in 1999 - then called the Omni Rosen - was the Rosen Plaza, but I've got that wrong, it's the Rosen Centre that was previously the Omni Rosen, as we all remember 'Red's Deli' from that earlier trip. (Unless, of course, they've moved the deli from one Rosen to the other Rosen to cause more confusion).

I have to agree with thereuare's comment with regard to Hotwire - How can a hotel go from 3.5* to 4*, and at the same time post fewer amenities, especially the resort icon? Is this a Hotwire decision or can the hotel simply pick its own rating and amenities. The Rosen Plaza is still rated as 3 Diamond on every other site that I've seen, and I'm beginning to feel slightly hard done by, as I think that they are exagerating if they are now claiming it as a 4*

I do know from reading around this forum that there's no point trying to compare *ratings exactly between Hotwire and Priceline, but let me illustrate what I expect from a 4*: I was targetting the Westin Bohemian in Downtown Orlando, for some earlire nights in my trip - using multiple bidding on Priceline - and I hooked the Gaylord Palms instead at $85 (20th/21st July), but at least the Bohemian and the Gaylord are 4* or resort level respectively, whereas the Hotwire 4* rating of the Rosen Plaza seems a little generous ($69 - 1st/2nd August)). (My Priceline slip of getting Gaylord instead of Bohemian will no doubt amuse the more experienced amongst you, and will be the subject of a separate posting on the Forida-Priceline part of the forum)

Do I have some kind of claim that I can put to Hotwire, as I think that they've been misleading in two ways:

(a) 'upgrading' the Rosen Plaza from a 3.5* to a 4* - OK it may have been 4* before, but what's the reason behind it yo-yo'ing?

(:) at the same time 'disguising' it by changing the amenity level (unless we're the ones who are confused and the 'original amenities' belong to the larger Rosen Centre Hotel).

If this is worth following up with Hotwire, then who should I contact, and where, and what strategy should I adopt?

Thanks, Steve

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]