Hotwire Hotel: Need Help De-coding 4* Ottawa Hotwire

rpinadk
By rpinadk,
in

Help

I can't find an exact match for this 4* Hotwire bidding Feb 16-18 2 adults 2 kids

Customer Favorite

Amenities Listed: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center,

High-speed Internet Access $149.00

Tried: EasyClickTravel Reverse Look-up Tool for Off the Record Hotels...got message We believe this hotel is: unidentified hotel, please email us the URL to be added to [email protected] (please include star rating, city and dates)

but not sure if I did it right instructions are very brief and not clear to me.

1. Not enough amenities to be the Marriott

2. Westin doesn't include High-speed Internet Access and Non-smoking

Seems like it would be a pretty good fit for the Indigo but that is 3.5* but no Boutique Symbol

Exact match for Novotel but that is only 3.5* too.

ANYONE Any ideas?

Looks like Ottawa will be pretty fully booked that weekend.

Thanks for help in advance,

I wish more people would take the time to post their gets.

I am a frequent visitor to Ottawa so I'd really like to track this down.

I really wonder if it was the Westin because the discount quoted on the details page was only 11% with the rack price listed as $169? When I checked the Westin they were quoting $237.

question for Yellowdog

your post:

Yellowdog

"there is a match for the Westin Ottawa. It looks like the Westin has changed the amenities since this hotel was last reported to the board.:

when you say "there is a match for the Westin" how do you know?

Plus when I quick on your link to book a room I get this message:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at click.linksynergy.com

Any help?

Thanks I love this board!!

rpinadk,

looking at "belived to be" hotels rate and compare it with HOTWIRE's discount quoted is a no good clue. The quoted price you see at HOTWIRE is only an average price for 4* hotels in the area. Sometimes can you find a match for the prices but most of the times not. So this is a big NO clue.

One good clue is to look at HOTWIRE's vacation packages part. Search for the same date and people traveling and compare the amenities for the hotel. This is how I did your hotel. Allways look a both Car and Flight options. You get diffrent resaults many times.

There are many other things you can do. But the best thing to do when you're new at this is to visit the board and keep updated with posts for the areas to frequent stay in.

Sure, I can't promise you that the hotel is Westin. But the chance is big. But zones and ratings change all the time. So you must allways doublecheck if you have waited a few days after your first ID. prices and inventory change all the time.

About the HOTWIRE link. I think this is a Firefox issue. Boards moderator will read this post and help you with that problem.

Just post if you need any further help.

Henrik.

Henrik,

I really appreciate your help, THANKS!

There are many other things you can do. But the best thing to do when you're new at this is to visit the board and keep updated with posts for the areas to frequent stay in.

I am not a brand newbie though I am certainly not an advanced or expert user, I have used hotwire and priceline successfully many times due to the help I've picked up from this board. But this time I was not picking up on the clues. Your comment "There are many other things you can do." has got me very interested. Can you steer me to some more info, either through a post or a message?

I am working to fix my booking link problem.

Thanks Again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]