PHX: Fox Rental or EZ Rental?

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

I don't have firsthand experience with either. I'm sure if you rent there will be a car there waiting for you and you won't have any problem with your charge (although maybe you'll get a little more pressure for their insurance and other add-ons)... the question if you do have some type of problem (car breakdown, and unfortunately accident, etc) what type of resources they have to service you and get you a replacement vehicle in a timely and efficient matter.

If the price is indeed half i would probably give it a shot... if the savings are less than 10% i would sooner go with a bigger player.

Do note that as per our support page we are an affiliate of Fox Rent a Car.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply. I checked out their website and it seems they are located primarily out west, which may explain why I am not familiar with them. I did book a car.... they didn't ask or a credit card yet, so I can still remain flexible. Sorry.... I didn't know you were an affiliate... so sorry... but i always do use the savingsbarn when I bid.

JB

• 1 month later...
I don't have firsthand experience with either. I'm sure if you rent there will be a car there waiting for you and you won't have any problem with your charge (although maybe you'll get a little more pressure for their insurance and other add-ons)... the question if you do have some type of problem (car breakdown, and unfortunately accident, etc) what type of resources they have to service you and get you a replacement vehicle in a timely and efficient matter.

If the price is indeed half i would probably give it a shot... if the savings are less than 10% i would sooner go with a bigger player.

Do note that as per our support page we are an affiliate of Fox Rent a Car.

I'm sure if you rent there will be a car there waiting for you and you won't have any problem with your charge (although maybe you'll get a little more pressure for their insurance and other add-ons)

Well, I rented the car from Fox and there was absolutely no problem. Thereuare, they sure did pressure to buy their expensive insurance, but i refused it all. I had forgotten to fill the tank with gas when I returned it and the agent told me they would charge $6/gallon (yikes!) and advised me to go fill it up... which I did.

JB

• 4 months later...

I have had very bad experience :) in renting the car from Fox Rental on 6/14/2008, 11am, at San Jose Airport. I mentioned 12pm as my approximate rental pickup time, and due to 30 minutes delay with Atlanta-SJC flight, me and my wife reached fox rental outside booth by 11.30pm. First of all the computers were down at that time at the main fox rental location. We ended up walking in hot sun towards the rental booth.

At the booth Mr Daniel initially told us that we have to just wait for few minutes to pick up our car since they were waiting for car returns. After waiting for 30 minutes I talked to Mr Daniel asking him to upgrade or give us another car, and he said there was no car available, so we would have to wait. We had been waiting for 30 minutes in mid noon sun by then. After another 30 minutes my wife also got pissed off (I was trying to get rental cars at other locations, but prices were exorbitant for the last minute) and other fellow passengers shared her anger. She also asked Mr Daniel why they couldn

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]