Priceline Hotel: Banff 3* 08/08/08 - 08/10/08

mickcur
By mickcur,
in

Rates seem high for your dates, but with time on your side i would try as follows:

Start with $75 and increase by $10 every 24 hours until you get to $105, at which point begin to increase by $5, until you get to your maximum bid of $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep us updated as to your progress (or lack of).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Being reasonably local to the area as a Calgary resident, I would think that you would be hard-pressed to get anything that nice for that price. Banff has two high seasons: Dec. 15-mid April, and then May 15-early November. Staying within Banff National Park and Banff townsite will be pricey. Having a car could make your life easier. You could potentially stay in one of the great B&Bs in the Canmore townsite (The Georgetown Inn and A Bear & Bison, two that you can Google), which is just 5 minutes east of the Banff National Park entry gate.

What a lot of tour companies will do is they will book rooms as far as Calgary to avoid paying the high prices in Banff. Depending on where you stay in Calgary, that could be 60-90 minutes worth of driving, but you would have better odds getting a hotel room at a good rate.

Proud to be Canadian!

• 5 months later...

Last week I bid for Banff 3 days (and using the PRICELINE link :) ) . I was looking for a room 8/6 -8/8 (a few days before you). But without luck.

I go up to $ 120,= and i also tried 2 and 1* (there is not a 1* so it is a free bid). It will be hard to find something for that amount, when you don't want go much higher as $80,=

Now i found an other deal on a hotel search site.

I wish you luck and a have a nice trip to Banff

Ruby Tuesday

I would be careful about getting frustrated and bidding for a 1* hotel... you might just get something at that star level (unless you feel what whatever you received would be 'ok' for $100... but as you're also bidding for higher level hotels i would think this may be a bid of frustration and not really what you want)

It looks like you changed your dates for this stay? For your new nite HOTWIRE is showing a 3* hotel in the Banff zone for $139/nite... if this interests you we can try to investigate a little further.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Do you have a back-up plan/reservation anywhere?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]