Hotwire Hotel: San Diego Hotel with Kitchenette

neodog
By neodog,
in

Two questions.

1. I'm planning on going to San Diego to go to the zoo and wondering what area would be best to stay with my two year old and wife? I will have a rental car but still want it to be reasonably close to the Zoo and Sea World (less than half hour away).

2. How do I book a room with a kitchenette?

Thanks in advance for your help.

neodog - Welcome to betterBidding!

Is a room with kitchenette a must for you?? If it is, don't use priceline. And priceline only guarantee a room for 2 adults. Might not be a problem in this area with a child. But you might have to pay an additional fee.

Your best chance is to go with HOTWIRE for the "Sea World - Mission Bay - Shelter Island" zone for additional zones, please look at the HOTWIRE map.

Look for a "kitchenette" icon when searching at HOTWIRE.

Can you please post your date(s) for your stay so the board can help you search for a hotel.

Henrik.

Your best chance of getting a kitchenette on Priceline is bidding 2.5* in Sorrento Mesa zone. Both reported 2.5* there (Counry Inn & Suites and Staybridge) have kitchenettes.

But Sorrento Mesa is about a 12 mile drive from SeaWorld. And some new and unreported 2.5* hotel could come up there that might not have a kitchenette. I don't think that's likely but it's possible.

Is a kitchenette more of a want or a need?

If you bid thru priceline you can't guarantee a kitchenette, are you willing to risk receiving a hotel that doesn't have a one?

Have you searched HOTWIRE for your dates to see if any properties with a kitchenette are offered?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's nothing fancy, but sometimes you can get the La Quinta Mission Valley for $69 when it's one of LQ's "Weekend Deal" properties. Free breakfast buffet and rooms have microwave and fridge (but not full kitchen with utensils). It's in Mission Valley area, about ten minutes to the zoo or SeaWorld.

LQ announces its Weekend Deal properties three weeks in advance. The deals for your weekend won't appear until next Monday, Feb 4. You might check the reviews at TripAdvisor (they're middling; not great) and see if this property is what you had in mind.

The 2.5* hotels in Sorrento Mesa will be newer and nicer than the La Quinta, the tradeoff being a longer commute to the zoo and SeaWorld, by about ten miles.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]