Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

nishnish
By nishnish,
in

I have been trying for several days to book a 4* room in manhattan. unsuccessful.

Started with MTS - 4*. started at 120.

Added MTE - 130

Added TSQ - 140

Added UPEast - 145 (free zone)

Also added MTW.

I tried another day and started at 125 and worked my way up to $10 increments.

The highest I have bid is 150.

Not sure why I am having so much trouble, and I am requesting a saturday and sunday night, figured i would get it instantly with the sunday night. I see people winning bids for Fri - Sun (2/22).

I don't want anything below a 4* and i am willing to bid up to 150 or so.

For 2/16-2/18.

Please help.

I used the savingsbarn.com link for PL.

Thanks.

I am stuck in the same rut as you. I have been trying for the last couple of weeks for 2/16-2/18 in 4-star - MTW + MTE + Times Square + the 2 rebids. I start at $140 and move up to $160...no luck. I religiously try everyday, in case something opens up.

I am thinking that the Saturday night arrival is causing us grief.

I have been lucky in the past for Saturday night arrivals, but for some reason, this one is tough. Perhaps, it's because it's the first Saturday after Valentines and it is President's weekend (?)...

It is still over 2 weeks away, so maybe things will open up in the next week (?)....What is the sweet spot for bidding on PL? I thought it was 1-3 weeks before the arrival date.

I'm wishing both of us luck :-)

ok.

can you please send me a bidding strategy. i just figured i could enter an amount and keep going higher and adding zones.

when u say, close your browser and refresh, once you select 3 zones, do you want us to close the browser and re-do the whole strategy? this way all the zones are UNCHECKED??

i bid up to 155 yesterday and quit.

this is what i want...

4* - nothing below.

MTS - anything here.

TSQ - anything but millenium broadway and hilton TSQ (i've stayed here, but i know i don't have control over this).

MTE - anything but grand hyatt (but i know i don't have control over this)

MTW - anything but hilton 6th ave (stayed here).

if you think i have to start with a really high bid for MTS cause it is more expensive, then i can start with TSQ.

I really appreciate your help.

i did also try splitting up the bids and bidding sat night... and then based on that i was going to hotwire the other night, i wasn't successful in winning for just sat night.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

-N

MTS - anything here.

TSQ - anything but millenium broadway and hilton TSQ (i've stayed here, but i know i don't have control over this).

MTE - anything but grand hyatt (but i know i don't have control over this)

MTW - anything but hilton 6th ave (stayed here).

To clarify, you can't avoid the hotels you've indicated in parenthesis... since you state "i know i don't have control over this" i assume you are still willing to bid these zones and risk receiving the hotels you've indicated you'd rather not receive?

Is there a reason you're not including UM/CPS in your bidding?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Times Square and UM/CPS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and Times Square and MTS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Times Square and MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and MTS and Times Square

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155 (if you get this far and would like to try the extra $5)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- please remember to follow-up your threads... please follow-up your Priceline NYC thread to add closure to that thread

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i have another question on PL technique.

so the users bid, but what is going on in the background?

does PL say "ok, i'm going to put a hotel out there for 140 - lets say "the benjamin" in MTE".

now a bidder like me, if i put in MTE, MTW at 120. its rejected.

if i put in MTE, MTW, TSQ at 130. rejected.

if i go up to 140 with all the zones above and MTS, do i win??

if i am not winning any of the bids, then perhaps there are no available hotels in PL's queue.

how does it work??

:)

OK FINALLY I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Hyatt at $150.

I've been trying religiously for 2 weeks and what made the difference is I used a different creditcard. I've been using my creditcards the past 2 weeks, I borrowed my friend's this time and it worked. I think Priceline remembers everything, not sure if i had to wait 72 hours to bid again, i was so impatient I tried almost everyday.

I went thru savingsbarn.com

Here's how i did it...

MTW - $130 - rejected

UM-CPark - $140 - rejected

MTE - $145 - rejected

MTS - $150 - WON

Thank you!!

I'm so happy, its going to be an awesome valentine's weekend!!!!!!!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]