Priceline Hotel: Going to Vegas in June want to try priceline for 1st time

calgal81
By calgal81,
in

My fiancee and I are getting married in Las Vegas on June 21, 2008.

We already have time share for the 6/20, 6/21 and 6/22.

But we'd like to go up the on 6/18 & 6/19 and stay in hotel on the trip. I've never ued priceline before and I just happend to come across this wonderful site.

Does anyone have advice for a newbie?

While i'm doubtful the $45 deal at Planet Hollywood is likely to be available for your dates, the good news is that i don't think you're budget is going to be an issue.

Before bidding, the first question is are you comfortable winning the Westin? It is a 4* hotel in Priceline's South Strip zone, but it is not on the strip directly (although most find it a relatively easy walk to the strip).

Some other options in your budget:

Luxor for $110/nite

Treasure Island for $139/nite

Do either of these interest you?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know my fiancee is set on staying on the strip but if we look up the Westin he might change his mind. I'll have to share this with him and go from there. The only thing that worries me is geting stuck with a room at the Luxor that's why I've told him the South would be better to bid on instead of the north, or did I get those mixed up?

The only thing that worries me is geting stuck with a room at the Luxor that's why I've told him the South would be better to bid on instead of the north, or did I get those mixed up?

I think you got them mixed up.

Speak to him and let us know your thoughts regarding the Westin.

However, given your desire to avoid the Luxor, any thoughts on Treasure Island for $139/nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Actually before I had the priceline idea we were looking at Treasure Isalnd, it was at the top of our list.

he talked me into splurgin a little. We are forgoing our idead of using priceline and just booked directly with TI, he was on a roll becuase he convinced me to book a ptetite suite. Well you only get married once (well at least we only plan on getting married once ;-)

As per our support page we're an affilaite of Treasure Island... please use our links.

Also, without looking at your dates or knowing what you paid for the Petite Suite, i'd also consider trying to beat that rate with by bidding for a 5* hotel, trying to land the Veneitan or Palazzo.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]