Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey) Sheraton

tracita
By tracita,
in

Priceline Have bid up to 120.00 No luck

Recently stayed at Holiday Inn at the Pier and would stay again.

Hotwire has these offers. (Santa Monica-Marina del Ray)Help with names?

3 star

beach

oceanfront

rest.

business center

laundry

internet

golf nearby

tennis nearby

$165.00

3.5 star

fitness center

pool

rest.

business center

laundry

internet

$153.00

Looks like we will have to pay close to 150.00 for a holiday weekend.

Any input?

Thanks!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the actual dates of your stay? What star level did you bid on priceline?

Are you currently ready to take either of the above HOTWIRE properties which are more expensive than you have already bid on priceline OR would you sooner increase your priceline bid to the levels above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems like your next move(s) is to work your way up to $150 on Priceline?

If you're unsuccessful at that point we'll then try to ID any hotels currently offered on HOTWIRE. Their inventory changes all the time, so the above may not be the hotels offered when you're ready to make your purchase on HOTWIRE.

If i'm wrong on the above let us know.

Do you need help with continuing your Santa Monica bidding?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know you haven't bid to $150 on Priceline yet but I'll throw out that the 3.5* looks like Sheraton Delfina. I can't identify the 3* is but it's NOT the Holiday Inn because HI doesn't have complimentary breakfast.

You've been rejected at $120 so the next step is try $125, then $130 with Lawndale.

The next day try $135/140, then $145/150.

Actually you shouldn't bid higher than $149 on Priceline. Priceline's fees are a little higher than Hotwire's and a $150 bid on Priceline turns out to cost more than buying that $153 on HOTWIRE, by a dollar or two. At $149 Priceline beats Hotwire.

Also, Delfina's rate varies over your four night stay: $339, 289, 289, 269. It's possible the $120 you've already bid is enough for your last three nights but not all four.

If you're not willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID then bid as suggested by Colfax above ($125 and then $130, 24 hours later $135 and $140, etc)

If SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is an option, i wouldn't bid as above just yet, but post back and we'll advise regarding splitting the purchase.

I would begin as follows...

Select 3* Santa Monica...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

Do the above for each of the following date combinations:

3/21-3/24

3/20-3/23

I wouldn't do it for 3/20-3/24 since the first nite is more expensive than the the other three nites, if you're successful for the last two nites it could be difficult to have success for the first two nites together.

If the above is rejected for both sets of dates, i would then re-try every 24 hours for the next 48 hours, increasing your bids by $5 from the previous bid (so $95/$100, then again for $105/$110).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated as to your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!!

Finally reporting! Okay, I did the increment bidding every 24 hours as described above. Went up to 125.00. I knew it would be tough as the dates are both March break and Easter. Finally bid 130.00 for all 4 nights and Sheraton Vistana come up. I am fine with that as it is below other rates and it is confirmed. Hopefully it is better than most of the reviews. Thx for the advice!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]