Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Myers-Naples (Naples) Doubletree Suites

ZZyzx000
By ZZyzx000,
in

Why would they offer this room for 6 nights for $75 in the heart of their busy season? I don't know but it must have been a mistake. I called right after making the reservation and arrainged for 2 beds and ave them my roommates name.

Weeks later when I arrived, the clerk said there was no way I was getting 2 beds for that price. I explained I had a roommate and that this was pre-arrainged. The manager was unsympathetic and offered to arrainge a refund from Priceline. She did this on the phone and then rented the room for $150 to the next bloke in line.

Because of this and several $10 a day parking charges at 3 star hotels, I have quit bidding Priceline 3 stars. 2.5 stars do me fine as I'm happy with a Marriot Courtyard or a Wellsely.

Doubletree Guest Suites Naples

12200 Tamiami Trail

Naples, Florida 34110

239-593-8733

Sorry to hear about that! So what did you do for the 6 nites stay?

I am presently staying at the DT Suites in Tampa and they too only give Priceliners 1 king bed (2 bed suites will cost an additional $25) unless one is a Hilton Gold member. Stay here! These folks are into true customer service--FREE cooked to order breakfast and evening drinks! :)

Just spoke with the manager of this DoubleTree about the 1 bed issue and he stated that it is now a standard practice throughout all Hilton properties to only give Priceline customers 1 bed for 2 folks. He went on to say that some Hilton properties allow a change to 2 beds for a price--$25/nite or so. :)

Another reason when requiring 2 beds to bid on 2.5* hotels and not 3*. The reason these hotels are so expensive in the 1st place is that they are used to gouging and nickel and diming the consumer. I prefer free local calls and dialup internet to $75 every time you pick up the phone and $10 a day internet and parking.

In my case I called and was told I had 2 beds arranged. In the future I'll get the clerk's name and log the call in a record.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]