Hotwire Hotel: *2 Downtown Seattle Center - Space Needle 5/2/08-5/3/08

lisabarr
By lisabarr,
in

Any idea which hotel this is?

I would like a suite type hotel for a pre-cruise trip. Rate is $95

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply. Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply. Golf Nearby

Or if anyone has suggestions for a suite type hotel. I have Springhill suites for $170 on hold.

Please forgive me if post is incorrect. Newbie here! :)

Because this is only 2*, but has a complimentary breakfast, I might guess Inn at Queen Anne. However, no guarantees, but the other ones I can think of in the Space Needle district would be better than 2*.

The Springhill Suites is much better, but the Inn at Queen Anne is in a nicer neighborhood (not that Springhill Suites is bad - but it's more of a deserted downtown area).

HOTWIRE has a 4* for downtown Seattle - PikePlace Market for $129 that works for 2 adults and 2 children. I haven't tried to figure out which one it is.

Of all the options, I think this would be most attractive to me, because all the 4* options are quite central, and you would be sure of enough beds (assuming two of you are children). The downside would be no free breakfast, and no suite.

For most Seattle downtown hotels, you would be fine getting two beds, but there are a few reported exceptions.

I have personally had a good track record getting suite-style hotels with 2.5* Priceline bids, but it's also quite possible you could be "upgraded" to a less desirable 3* hotel. So if you were up to this risk, then bid for a 2.5* hotel. One thing that makes me wonder, though, is that the Pike Street Suites (formerly Summerfield Suites) have still not finished their conversion to become Homewood Suites, so I think there may be fewer suite options available on Priceline than before.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]