Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus-Meadowlands) La Quinta Clifton

rgdave
By rgdave,
in

Just got this for $59 a night. Slightly different amenities on Hotwire now (than is showing on Better Bidding hotel list):

Breakfast

Pool

Laundry

High Speed Internet

This will be my first time at this hotel, a little further west than the Holiday Inn and La Quinta in the Harmon Meadows area of Secaucus, but checked out bus scheduled and there is still reasonably convenient (although less frequent) bus service to/from Port Authority.

rqdave you're awesome. I was about to book this for my trip to NYC and was curious as to what it was. Now theres no mystery! Thanks!! :)

Just finished my stay here. Really nice, friendly staff --- from the front desk to housekeepers. Rooms have been renovated to the new La Quinta standard (but not yet to flat panel TV's.) There's a Red Robin restaurant attached to the hotel. Across Route 3 there are 4 or 5 restaurants in the Clifton Commons shopping center, but you have to walk north and then back south to get there if you don't have a car. Target, Stop and Shop grocery store and Barnes and Noble in the shopping center next door.

I usually stay in the Harmon Meadows area of Secaucus, which is about a 15 to 20 minute bus ride from Port Authority. This LQ in Clifton is a little further west, about a 30 to 40 minute bus ride to Port Authority. Buses are pretty convenient. I had a car, and drove to the Park and Ride in North Bergen and caught the bus from there. If you don't have a car, travelers using this as a case for NYC may be a little happier at Harmon Meadows even if its a bit more expensive.

How was it with the park and ride price wise? My friend and I are probably going to book this hotel on monday and I just wanted to finalize the details. So, I'm just looking at how you farred with getting to and from NYC as I'd be interested in getting back and forth a few times, maybe, each day from NYC to the hotel. Pending price of course. I saw another post that stated they didn't get jersey city for $100 a night so I'm going forward on this one. I appreciate any help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]