WA Seattle Coast Bellevue

deleted
By deleted,
in

We had a priceline win of the Coast Bellevue on 5/7/04. Getting to the hotel was interesting due to the construction on I-405 and being directionally challenged, but we made it after going around the block twice. Check in was very easy, I practically had to beg the guy to take my credit card for incidentals, which made me realize partway through that conversation, since there is free parking and I have a cooler full of snacks and food, what incidentals am I handing the card over for? I was cheerfully accomodated with my bed and smoking requests.

I was a bit worried once I saw the location of my assigned room. Great view of the elevator, and hallways on 2 sides. However, it was really very quiet once in the room. We had an interior courtyard room on the top (3rd) floor. Every time I went to the ice machine, however, I heard clearly the conversations going on within the adjacent room, so I can only assume people could hear us talking, but we never heard any hallway noise.

The photos on the Coast website are a bit deceiving. It looks as if rooms have balconies, and they do. However, there is no way to get out there. There are only small moving windows within the larger fixed windows, which you can open for fresh air. Motel style air conditioners, which have the noise but do put out the cool breeze. One of my favorite points about older motel/hotels is that the bathrooms often have exhaust fans, which the new hotels seem to skip. Being a closet (or bathroom) smoker, that is nice to have, but it is an overlooked feature even for removal of steam from the shower. The sink is located outside the bathroom, there was a coffee pot and ironing board as well. Decor was actually pretty decent.

Two double beds with two pillows each, but acceptable for a $30 place to crash. Toiletries were pretty nice, including mouthwash.

Parking was very easy, they had shuttles running (not sure where to) and SAS flight attendants and pilots all over the place. I'd be happy to win this hotel again. I've stayed at the Hyatt Bellevue for about the same price, but the Hyatt charges to park, so this is quite a bargain, particularly if it is just a crash zone, as it was for us. There is an am/pm (gas/quickie mart) across the street that takes cash and debit cards only, and a Dennys next door. Also of great interest to Mr. Deleted was the Hummer dealership across the street. :)

• 10 months later...

I've stayed here about 3 times recently. Great value for about $30 on PL. I don't know why people stay in downtown Seattle. Bellevue is great. Bellevue Mall has every higher end shop you could want. Rock Bottom Brewery is a fun restaurant and my 4 yr old gets to make his own pizza.

The Hyatt is nicer, but I like the free parking and simplicity of the Coast.

You can be at SEATAC in 15 mins - especially in the carpool lane.

• 2 months later...

Post-stay:

A fine place to stay for the rate. I don't travel a lot...but on this trip I also stayed in the 3* Silver Cloud in Bellevue (where my employer picked up the tab). The Silver Cloud (which is not a Priceline hotel) is much nicer than this 3* Coast Bellevue. Specifically, cleaner rooms, better location, free breakfast, better looking facility.

My stay at the Coast Bellevue was fine. I was in a 2nd floor, courtyard room. The hotel sits adjacent to I-405, so I imagine that the highway-side rooms could be noisy (but have no information to that effect -- just a tip).

While my room was non-smoking and there was no scent of smoke in the room, I could certainly smell smoke in the hallway -- probably coming from the bar/grill that was steps from my room. (Odd layout.)

As another poster said, seemed noisy in the hallway, but my room was very quiet.

After my Priceline win, I called the hotel to request a non-smoking room and a mini-fridge; the phone rep submitted those requests. However at check-in, there was no indication of these requests on my reservation. The hotel complied with both, however, delivering a mini-fridge to my room within 5 minutes of checkin.

In addition to the establishments noted by the other poster, there's a Thrifty car rental next door (cheap weekend rates!), and a Whole Foods kitty-corner across the street. (Hence the need for the mini-fridge ;)

The exterior of the hotel is somewhat shabby, and the common areas look worn, but the room itself was in decent shape. (Oh -- slightly scummy shower.)

For the rate, I might stay there again.

Thanks for the help with Priceline!

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed two nights (June 26, 27) at the Coast Bellevue on two separate Priceline bids - first night for $47 and second nighf for $54. I had the same room for both nights but had to check-in, check-out and get the room key reprogrammed. I called ahead and requested a king non-smoking room a few weeks before arriving.

The hotel is located just off the I-405 near other hotels in the area. Parking was ample and free. The lobby was small but looked nice. Just by the elevators was a small business center. Check-in was fast, with no mention of Priceline. I repeated my request for a king non-smoking room. I was assigned room 202, which was not a king room. It was non-smoking but the elevator and hallways both smelled of smoke. I went back to the front desk and asked again for a king room and was only then told that none were available.

The room itself had a tiny television, ironing equipment, coffee maker, and loud air conditioner which worked well. I did not hear much noise from the highway. The sink was outside of the bathroom and there was a basket with soap, conditioning shampoo, and lotion. The small hair dryer was adequate. The bathroom's shower put out good water pressure. Local and toll-free calls were free. There was both complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet in-room. USA Today was delivered to the room each morning. The complimentary shuttle was happy to take my fianc

• 1 month later...

I just returned from yet another stay at this hotel. This time I won on a $45 bid ($58.71 with taxes and fees) and I even managed to get a non-smoking king as someone had cancelled their reservation (the hotel was very full again). The main difference with this room was was that it was facing the pool and the drain in the bathtub seems partially blocked, as I was ankle deep in water during my shower. It also had a mini-fridge in the room, underneath the sink. When I checked out, I saw the price Priceline paid - $51.48. Other than this, the same comments apply.

• 5 years later...

Spent 3 nights here about 10 days ago, and since it's been 5 years since the hotel was reviewed, I thought I'd share the details of my stay.

About the location - this hotel is across the freeway from the main downtown Bellevue area. Since parking in downtown Bellevue is at a premium, it's really more convenient to walk. Unless, of course, it's raining. Which does occasionally happen in the Seattle area. So, other hotels would be more convenient, but it's certainly not a long distance to walk. The hotel does offer a "complimentary shuttle" anywhere within 5 miles - every half-hour one of the desk clerks drives anyone requesting a shuttle around in the hotel van.

About the hotel - the overall feeling I got from this hotel was that someone had come through with a checklist of what a 3 to 3.5 star hotel should offer in the way of amenities. The hotel meets these standards in form but misses the mark in spirit. It seems more like a 2-star trying to put on a good act. The exterior is dated and stained, and while the lobby appears to have had a recent (and very stylish) makeover, the lobby/lounge areas are small and unwelcoming. During my stay there were never any other guests spending time in the lobby, a marked difference from most hotels I've stayed in. Part of the problem is that the hotel's wireless doesn't appear to work; during my 3-day stay it functioned for a single 15-minute period. The "bar and grill" serves bar/diner food at higher prices and lower quality than the Denny's next door. They do offer a few higher-priced options, but if I wanted a $25 steak I'd be getting it at a decent restaurant, not here. The complimentary continental breakfast was just OK - danishes, muffins, cereal, coffee and orange/apple juices. They had bagels but no toast or English muffins. No fresh fruit or yogurt. They also offer a hot breakfast. However, the last morning I was there, they didn't have a cook and one of the servers was making the food. This restaurant is really more of a bar, and I did notice some guests congregating there in the evenings to drink, not to dine. There's a nice fireside area and they light the fire in the evenings.

About the room - at check-in, Priceline was mentioned, but it seemed to just be the clerk talking to herself under her breath. I was given a double-double room facing the side parking lot. Just outside the door were the ice & vending machines so it was not the quietest room; however I have come to expect that when booking via Priceline - most hotels will give you a "noisy" room near the elevator or vending. The in-room wired internet was slightly faster than dialup. It was so slow I couldn't watch a YouTube clip. The room decor was nice, carpet appeared new, but the room was far too small for the two armchairs and table that were squeezed in by the window. This is probably less of a problem in their king rooms, but the room was seriously cramped. The worst problem in terms of decor was that the closet didn't have a door - that just looked cheap. Both the closet and the sink/counter facing it were very narrow, there wasn't enough room on the counter for all my toiletries. Under the sink was a mini fridge, and the room did have a hairdryer and iron. So again, the hotel checked off all the 3-star amenities, but the room felt shabby and cramped.

The worst thing about my stay was the bed. It was like a cube of Jello. I literally could not sit or lie too close to the edge or I would roll off. The entire bed wobbled at the slightest movement. Also, while the linens were nice, I could tell that the bedspread/duvet was dirty. But again, this is something I've come to expect, since hotels seem to rarely wash their bedspreads.

In short, if I ever want to stay in Bellevue again, I'll bid a little more to get a 4-star and assure myself of being able to avoid this hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]