Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown) Hotel Vintage Park

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

Used Savingsbarn.com link.

We have a large number of employees coming into Seattle during this time for an annual meeting.

I checked the board and saw that the Hotel Vintage Park was being won pretty frequently and was a 4* which just floored me. I know this hotel and it's not a 4*. I'd be hard-pressed to give it a 3*.

Anyway, selected 3* on priceline.com and bid $65 for 3 rooms. Was rejected and got the counter-offer to bid $17 more. Given that I still had a fairly large number of employees to go, and I didn't want to waste a lot of time, I figured I'd try the $82 price and see what I'd get. I was expecting RedLion, Rennaissance, or Crowne Plaza and their website rates were running $180+ so $82/night would be just fine.

To my utter shock and disappointment, I got the Hotel Vintage Park for $82 for 3 nights, and 3 rooms. I'm bummed as it looks like the Vintage Park is grabbing anything in the $75 and up range for anyone bidding a 3* or 4* in downtown Seattle.

Hotel is ranked #24 out of 116 in Seattle on TripAdvisor but if you look at the reviews for Nov/Dec 2007, they aren't very positive.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6...Washington.html

Advice....I still have rooms to go.

Sorry to hear of your unwanted upgrade... but thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

As far as additional rooms... how about the 3.5* on HOTWIRE for $94/nite (believed to be the Warwick, but not sure how many rooms you're seeking so confirm the amenities with the board or the Hotwire Hotel List before purchasing) OR you can book the Roosevelt for $107/nite.

Do either of the above work for your (or your employess :) ) needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]