Priceline Hotel: 1st time bidder on PL....need help

maverick601
By maverick601,
in

hi,

i m going to bid on PL for the 1st time...i read through the FAQs and the re-bid process...theres a lot of useful info posted...but as a newbie...just wanted to confirm this before i go ahead:

I am looking for a 4 * hotel in downtown montreal for 28th Dec to 1st Jan 2008 - bidding for 1 room... My max budget is 100 $ per room / per nite (inclusive of tax).

1. what is a realistic starting bid

2. i have canadian CCs...how much would i be charged extra for conversion rates for CAD to USD for a) VISA :) master Card c) AMEX

3. is there any way that I can cancel my booking, if weather does not permit a trip to Montreal...snow storm or blizzard etc.

4. what if i am not satisfied with the room they give me...would i be able to change that...

5. when can i make a request for things like a king bed, a non-smoking room etc..do they agree to these requests, or....

some of the queries r stupid...but just dont want to mess this trip, otherwise my wife will kill me.. :)

cheers

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1. I am looking for a 4 * hotel in downtown montreal for 28th Dec to 1st Jan 2008 - bidding for 1 room... My max budget is 100 $ per room / per nite (inclusive of tax). what is a realistic starting bid
What is your maximum bid before taxes and fees?
2. i have canadian CCs...how much would i be charged extra for conversion rates for CAD to USD for a) VISA master Card c) AMEX
This is determined by your credit card company, you'll need to call them to find out their conversion charge.
3. is there any way that I can cancel my booking, if weather does not permit a trip to Montreal...snow storm or blizzard etc.
Don't expect it... if there is a HUGE blizzard that shuts down major roads and highways then often (but not guaranteed) priceline and hotwire will authorize a refund, but don't expect it if it's "just snowing" and you don't feel like driving in the snow.
4. what if i am not satisfied with the room they give me...would i be able to change that...
No... purchases are non-refundable.
5. when can i make a request for things like a king bed, a non-smoking room etc..do they agree to these requests, or....
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Given the above info (non-refundability, etc) if you'd still like to bid and you're ready to bid now, let us know your maximum bid before taxes and fees and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$95 after taxes and fees will take you over your $100 limit, but you can stop at whatever point your comfortable...

At the 4* level in Montreal you have 4 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Montreal...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Montreal and re-bid zone4

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $95.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]