Hotwire Hotel: 3* St Petersburg-Clearwater (Treasure Island-St Pete Beach) Sirata

srgreene
By srgreene,
in

I'm trying to get the Sirata Beach Resort for 4/13/08 - 4/18/08. Looks like somebody was asking about this same Hotwire hotel a few months ago. The replies suggested it was the Sirata, but not positive because of some Spa icon. There is no Spa icon coming up on this hotel in question.

3* - St. Pete Beach-Treasure Island. $109/night. Says retail is $157. (Problem here is that I find the Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort on Hotels.com for $157 and I don't want that hotel.) The Sirata is coming up on Hotels.com for $179.

Amenities listed are: Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby.

I usually use Priceline, and I know several people have gotten the Sirata recently for $55 or so for stays in November and December, but we're looking at a busy school vacation week in April and the rates are higher. I know that Priceline also has Beachcomber Beach Resort, Bilmar Beach Resort and Grand Plaza in their inventories, and we don't want to chance getting the Beachcomber. It doesn't have good reviews anywhere we've looked.

If we definitely knew this $109 HOTWIRE was the Sirata, we'd buy right away. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The Sirata is still showing with the amenties above, plus a Spa icon, in the vacation packages. It is possible that this one icon has been dropped on the 'opaque' side, but we won't know until somebody reports it as such.

Could you risk one nite of your trip? See if this same hotel (based upon amenities and star rating) appears for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again also for the balance of your stay. If so, you could purchase the one nite in order to 'look behind the curtain', then if you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites. If not happy then make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

On the positive side, although nothing is guaranteed, the Grand Plaza Hotel has quite a few different amenities than the above so the chances of it being that hotel are low, and Beachcomber is currently rated 2.5* by HOTWIRE so that doesn't seem like a possibility.

If you do choose to split the purchase as described above please use our HOTWIRE link to begin each purchase (ie- click our HOTWIRE link to make the sole nite purchase, if you're happy with the outcome, return here and click our HOTWIRE link again to make the second purchase)

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We decided to take our very good chances and book the 5 nights together. It is the Sirata Beach Resort, so now it can definitely be confirmed on the forum.

Check-in: Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Check-out: Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Sirata Beach Resort

5390 Gulf Blvd

Saint Petersburg, Florida 33706

(727) 363-5100

Hotel

1 room(s) @ $109.00 per night x 5 nights $545.00

Taxes and Fees: $72.33

Hotel Subtotal: $617.33

We're pretty happy. Maybe could have gotten it for less on Priceline, but could have definitely had the Beachcomber or Grand Plaza come up there. We wanted Sirata and got it. This is a great resort price during school vacation week. I'll be sure to check back after our trip and let you know about whether there are Spa Services or not.

Thanks for your help! If somebody could, please change the title of this post to reflect the name of the hotel (3* Sirata) and the price ($109) and the dates (4/13-4/18).

-Scott

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]