Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying 3* in Alexandria Old Town

ScottCa596
By ScottCa596,
in

3-star hotel in Alexandria and Old Town

This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service. See hotel details

Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool, Restuarant, High Speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby

I'm 99% sure that this is the Crown Plaza - Previously Radisson.

Can someone please verify this with me??

Thanks

Thanks

2nd question - And I know that this is the Hotwire forum - Not Priceline. Through a combination of 2 different sites. I have noticed that a lot of people are getting this hotel on Priceline for $52 - $55. There is another 3* in the area The Hilton Mark Center that seems to go for $60 and up. I want to get the Crowned Plaza hotel as the event I am attending is in the Old Town area. And I would not want to get the Hilton Mark Center. Since the Hilton goes for $60 and above. Do you think that I would be safe going for the Crowned Plaza on Priceline at $52; if I get rejected add"Springfield" and bid $55 - If I get rejected just go with HOTWIRE??????

I'll begin by stating that when you use the opaque services and you're hoping for a specific hotel, you're taking a calculated risk.

With HOTWIRE you can take an educated guess as to the property you will receive based upon the star rating and amenities.... with priceline you can't guess at the hotel and should be comfortable receiving any hotel in the zone at the minimum star level you choose.

While you're thinking above is logical, i wouldn't call it "safe" to bid in priceline if it would ruin your plans if you didn't receive the Crowne Plaza (and receivd the Hilton or some other 3* property in the zone). Likewise i'm not even sure i'd use HOTWIRE if i could only accept one specific hotel. As stated above, you're taking a risk... and you need to calculate that risk and if the savings are worthwhile to you in exchange for the risk you're taking.

This may all be a moot point though, as i just did a HOTWIRE search to check the price and no longer see the same 3* hotel as you asked abot above. Do you still see this 3* hotel in this zone? If so, what is the price it's offered at?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry that it took so much time to get back to you. It's just that time of year.

Thanks for your time in going through the reasons I should not go either way.

I did just check again and the hotel I saw yesterday for $72; as described above is not on Hotwire today. There is a whole new 3* for $76 with different amenities.

I will take your advice - Thank you for your time.

Scott

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]