Priceline Hotel: 3* San Juan Radisson

irongut99
By irongut99,
in

Hello,

New to this forum, have used priceline and hotwire in the past.

I'm looking for a one night stay 1/19/08 in San Juan, pre cruise. Also a 3 night post cruise stay 1/27-1/30 at a resort anywhere in PR.

$130/night for both stays would be the price I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use seprate threads for each stay... we'll use this thread for your 1/19/08 stay. Feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay.

I think $130 may currenlty be optimistic for this stay, but to give it a try, you have four re-bid zones available when bidding for Resorts in San Juan. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I've been trying a couple of times a week for a month now with no luck, I have a back up reserved. This looks like a great fourm that I will certainly try to support through the links.

As the time comes closer do your odds increase? What I'm wondering is when does a hotel give priceline/hotwire rooms to sell off. Months, weeks or days ahead of time?

If there are many folks with "back-up" reservations that cancel doesn't that open up rooms at the last minute?

As the time comes closer do your odds increase? What I'm wondering is when does a hotel give priceline/hotwire rooms to sell off. Months, weeks or days ahead of time?
You're right in the fact that inventory given to the opaque suppliers is driven the supply/demand, but hotels (and the software they often use to predict demand) factor into the equation a fixed amount of cancellations. This is why sometimes hotels (as well as airlines) often overbook and look to move a guest to a nearby hotel (or offer flight passengers an incentive to take a later flight).... both of these are examples of the actual demand and/or cancellations not coming in as per the 'computer model'. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for further info on this topic.

How high have you already bid and when did you make your last attempt? Where, and how much, is your back-up reservation?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

In comparison to all the other rate listed on the page, it doesn't make sense that it would be an overnight rate :) . Although perhaps if I won a room off priceline I could use it as a low price guarantee as in the other post?

I called Hilton customer assistance, the business planner rate is for "travel agents" per the agent I spoke with, She stated they have a special card for ID?

Will keep trying. :)

I called Hilton customer assistance, the business planner rate is for "travel agents" per the agent I spoke with, She stated they have a special card for ID?

I'm sorry I have to say this, but when somebody on a message board alerts you to an internet travel deal that seems "too good to be true," do NOT call the company and ask if it's true!

FWIW, I thought the deal was pulled, but it looks like it's still available for some days in January. I don't recommend "just showing up" at the hotel on the "meeting planner's" rate -- trying the priceline price match might be better. But priceline MAY wise up to this as well, so it's not risk free.

• 2 weeks later...

The above is a match for the Best Western Pierre.

All maps i see show this as out of HOTWIRE's San Juan zone (and not in any HOTWIRE zone at all), but i still believe that this is most likely that property. (although i can't say whether the maps i'm looking at are showing the location incorrectly or if HOTWIRE's zone wasn't drawn big enough)

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]