Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas big event Adivice

yellowdog
By yellowdog,
in

Well, it's me and GF + 140.000 vistors :) for a major event when I'm there.

Some friends to us are getting married in LV 4/17. We decided to go and make combo and go to Florida after the wedding. and I started some investigations for the dates in LV. I found out that there is a major event (140.000 vistors expected) and prices are high for 4*/5*.

1. I don't care about any fancy place (we will only be there a few days). I'm fine with 3* Orleans or Gold Coast. Rack rates are around $70-$80/night when using boards support links.

2. Our friends need 4 rooms and are looking at Luxour, Excalibur or similar. Avarage rate comes to aprox $170/night staying seven days when using boards links.

Qusestion.

Is it worth taking the time to find out if any block resarvations are made and the dealines for the diffrent hotels?? I understand that this is a big event. But I don't now how big or what the effects will be at the opaque side since I don't know the town so well. Will the town be booked solid due to many visitors? I understand that this is hard to answer or predict. But I'm hoping some "regular" knows about effects from big events.

I told my friends that we could do backup's and go last second bidding. But I'm afried they will be disappointed and I need 4 rooms at same place for 7 days. And splitting the stay is not an option.

Thanx in advance!

Henrik.

The rates you quote above don't seem too bad...

What is the big conference being held? What are the dates of the conference (does it cover the entire week)

Your dates in the topic title are indicative of a 6 nite stay, is that correct or can you confirm the check-in/check-out date.

If the rates above are directly thru the Luxor or Exaclibur i would book that as a back-up since those rates should be cancellable (just doublecheck during check-out). While they may be disappointed paying $170/nite, they'll be even more disappointed if rates go up from here and they didn't lock in a lower, cancellable, rate. :)

I'll also add, since you say you don't know the city that well... while the Gold Coast and Orleans may be acceptable hotels, they're not located on the strip, and in Vegas (especially if you've never been there before) you ideally want an on-strip location (or expect to pay for cab rides, wait for over-crowded shuttle busses, or rent a car (not recommended if you like to have a few drinks))

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is the info I have so far.

It looks like there are "two parts" of this conference (NAB Show). I guess this is a radio/TV + releated conference.

Conferences: April 11-17

Exhibits: April 14-17 (Convention Center)

Las Vegas Hilton April 14-16

I have not found any info for April 11-13 activity.

I found the Show Housing Office for hotel resarvations. There is 30 hotels on the list, all the PL 4*(+) are there and a few PL 3* (PL 3* are expensive at the moment comparing to 4*)

The deadline for all cancellations and changes made with the Show Housing Office is March 7. But I don't find the last date for show rates resarvations. I will mail the office and ask. But maybe March 7 also is the deadline for special rates.

I know about the location for Orleans and Gold Coast. But I'm ok with that. I have been to LV before but it was 10+ years ago. The diffrence in price (per today) for the strip will more than well cover the few rides with taxi. And I have a rental since we arrive to LAX and we will leave to Florida from LAX.

Correct dates are Check-In 4/15 - Check-Out 4/21.

Thanx for the help!

Henrik.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]