Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Lake Union) Courtyard by Marriott

mucsea2003
By mucsea2003,
in

I just wanted to report that I am currently (so far unsuccessfully, no counter offers) bidding for the Lake Union zone for 8/15-17. I have gone up to $47 so far and will keep this level until closer to the date.

The reason I am posting this, is that a colleague of mine, who unfortunately doesn't post here, has gotten the Silvercloud Inn as a 2.5* recently (I don't know at what rate). This implies that all the three hotels in this zone are 2.5*, assuming that Priceline rates the Residence Inn and the Courtyard as that, which they should and to my knowledge do elsewhere. There are no additional hoitels in the zone as priceline depicts it right now.

As priceline also offers 2*, this means that there is an additional free rebid (or even two if you start a separate 2* bid first) for this zone. Might be useful to other people as well.

You are right, these are not in the zone. BTW wouldn't it be neat to have a graphical database of priceline zones with the exact location of the hotels that have come up and those that are possible (by their vacation package product or because they belong to chains known to work with priceline)?

• 1 month later...

Finally I succeeded with this one. I have been bidding $45, 50, 55 for Lake Union about once a week for the last month or so. To my great surprise I was accepted today at the Courtyard. Would have preferred the Residence Inn because I will be staying there with my family, but won't complain, especially with complimentary hi-dpeed internet. Best rate on the website was $169, which it was all the time while I was bidding.

Courtyard By Marriott Seattle Downtown Lake Union 2.5*

Check-In Date: Sunday, August 15, 2004

Check-Out Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$20.07

Total Charges: $110.07

Hotel website

Thereuare, can you please change the topic title accordingly?

Congratulations on getting this take care of.

Sometimes rejected bids are blessing in disguise... you're $55 bids getting rejected just last week saved you $20! It's also a lesson that inventory can change without seeing prices change at the hotel's website.

Looks like there will be a few of us from the board in Seattle around these days.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As I said, nothing beats Seattle in August (well, maybe Hawaii any time of the year :) ).

It will actually be our last two nights in Seattle before we leave for good :) . We will hopefully have handed over our house, sold our furniture and car by then

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]