Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3-star condo in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney

bente
By bente,
in

We are a family (parents and two sons who are 5 and 8 years old), and we are going to spend 15 days in Florida from June 27 to July 12. On Hotwire we have an offer which says $69 for a 3-star condo in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney.

Pls help us identify this hotel. We would also like to get some advice if there are other hotels which would be suitable for a family like us.

• 2 weeks later...

We are a family consisting of 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 8 years old) spending 15 days in Orlando summer 2008. We are arriving June 27 and we are leaving July 12. Please help us with some advice regarding nice hotels; price range $60 - $80 per night. Preferable with a seperate bedroom, and a kitchenette. Since we are staying for so many days we would like to be at a resort, or at least a hotel which have nice swimmingpools for children etc.

We don't know the Orlando area very well, so it is difficult to say anything about which area we want to stay in, but with children we are (of course:-)) visiting Magic Kingdom, Sea World and so on.

This internetsite is awesome; I have already spent hours checking out other questions and replies!

Sorry I didn't give you enough information.

Condo Amenities:

1-Bedroom Suite

Fitness Center

Tennis Nearby

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Pool(s)

Kitchenette

I didn't see your reply, and I added a new post today where I ask for suggestions regarding possible hotels in the Orlando area. Instead of having to answer two different posts with the same topic/questions it is ok to me that you give the replies on this post.

Thanks in advance:-)

I've merged your threads. Please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for the Westgate Bluetree Resort so that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Have you thought about splitting your stay into two (or three?) different stays and staying in different areas?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bente,

there might be some options for this stay. There is also a 3* hotel at HOTWIRE in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney.

zone at $62/night (look for the Resort and Kitchenette icons). This is a match for the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. Looks like a nice place for children with good reviews.

I think it's going to get tough to get something from the "Resort level" with in your max budget. This is a very busy time in orlando. And many times do you have an additional resort fee around $15/night at the resort level.

Is Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney the only zone you want to stay in?

Just post in you need any further help.

Henrik.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers we have got.

We haven't planned everything yet, and we would be very happy if you can give us some good advices regarding places to visit/stay at. Since we have two children who do not like to sit in a car for several hours, we would like to stay at each place for at least three days. Since there are so many things to do in Orlando I think we need at least a week there. Do you have suggestions about e.g. two places to visit besides Orlando?

Thanks in advance:-).

Bente

bente,

no problem, the board can help you plan your stay. But your dates have to be firm and have your nightly maximum budget ready before we start.

Your stay is 6+ months in the future and the hotel inventory will change many times. What you see at HOTWIRE in January might not be there in February and many times will the prices change. Are you ready to lock-in your hotel resarvations 6+ months in advance? Bought is bought at HOTWIRE and no changes can be done.

A few things.

1. Orlando is not that "big". The difference in staying at LBV/DW zone and Universal/Sea World is many times only a few exits. Driving is very easy in Orlando and the attractions is pretty close to each other. I would say that it's better to stay at one hotel in a central location for your needs during the Orlando stay.

2. What other parts of Florida do you have in mind?

3. I will PM you some good links with information about Orlando and your Disney needs. It's very hard to advise when I know nothing about what you would like to do or see. There is many things to do, e.g. you can go to St.Petersburg and go on a pirate cruise for a few hours, there is Busch Gardens in Tampa with lots of animals and great roller coasters etc. And you should really do a Disney character breafast with your children.

4. This board is about hotel advice/help/ID etc so you can PM when it comes to attractions and touris things if you don't find what you're looking for with the links I will PM you.

Think everything over and get back.

Henrik.

I'll also add that the maps at our sister site, ThingsToDo411 will give you an idea of where attractions are in relation to each others.

As well, you can enter our current contest to win a $100 gift certificate which you can use for attractions (from Viator) while on your vacation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for answering my questions.

We will think about what we want to do, and where we want to stay.

But there is one thing I'd like to ask about. If we know when we will stay at the different places, is it then a good idea to book now for the best prices, or should we wait?

Happy New Year!

Bente

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]