Daily rates for Downtown Philadelphia?

ZiLch
By ZiLch,
in

First off this is my first post. It seems strange no one else seems to have recently asked for help here but I read the FAQ and it says to post in the appropriate state forum, so here goes.

I want to rent a car (economy's just fine) on a weekday in early December. In my experience weekend rates for Name-Your-Own-Price are the same at $14/day from after Labor Day to sometime in May. but the only time I rented on a weekday it costs $26, back in Aug. This is all before taxes and fees.

Does anyone know what the rate is for weekdays right now?

In my experience, downtown philly rates are stable. It doesn't matter if I want something from Fri. 8pm- Sat 8pm or Sat. 4 pm-Sun. 4 pm or Sun. 9 am - Mon. 9 am. They're all the same price. I've done it dozens of times, although almost all on weekends.

For this rental, I'm open to any weekdays in the first 2 weeks of Dec. The lowest price on the various sites is $41/day. There's no difference whatever the dates or times I choose, as far as I can tell.

All I need is a NYOP price for a weekday rental. I think again that they're all the same.

These are all off-airport rates.

I think again that they're all the same.
This has not been my experience for any market.

We'll need more information before we're able to assist... how long do you need the car for? Are the dates not firm yet or are your plans so flexible that you can take 'x' number of days anytime in December? What is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just one day's fine, two's ok too. I don't intend to rent 3 days in a row, but who knows. In my experience 2-day rentals cost $1/day more, so sat+sun costs $15/day instead of $14. I don't know if it's the same w/ weekdays though.

So far I've gone up to $17/day (before taxes etc) but still no go. I prefer to stay under $25, well under if possible, because that's about the rate I can get outside PL.

The lowest price on the various sites is $41/day.
I prefer to stay under $25, well under if possible, because that's about the rate I can get outside PL.

I don't understand... is the best rate available $41 or is it $25?

What dates have you already tried bidding for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't understand... is the best rate available $41 or is it $25?

What dates have you already tried bidding for?

The best rate on Travelocity, etc. is $41. $25 is in the top range of what I'd like to pay. It may seem like a big difference but on weekends I can get $14-15 depending on the number of days for the rental.

I've tried Dec. 6th, and 11th-14th (all one-day rentals).

The best rate on Travelocity, etc. is $41. $25 is in the top range of what I'd like to pay. It may seem like a big difference but on weekends I can get $14-15 depending on the number of days for the rental.

I've tried Dec. 6th, and 11th-14th (all one-day rentals).

Have you considered renting from the airport instead of downtown? For a 1 day rental for pickup 12/14, Alamo with VacationOutlet.com code 698805 is $15.99/day for an economy + taxes/fees = $21.77

With this rate you can pick up at the airport and drop off at the downtown location.

Szymon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]