Up to $50 off dinner at select NYC restaurants

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Here's a link to get up to $30 off dinner for 2 at select NYC restaurants (if there are 4 people, i believe you can use 2 coupons):

LINK to Discounts and Restaurant List

This are more "upscale" restaurants, so even with discount dinner can cost you $100+ for 2 people. You have to register with them, but i wouldn't say that they're spam oriented. I get about one email per month from them, usually announcing restaurant deals and/or special theme dinners. Also, if you sign up, they will send you a certificate near your birthday good for $50 off dinner for 2 people. I believe they ask you to mention the coupon when making a reservation, and they only allow a certain number of reservations using the discount per nite (this used to be the case, don't know if it still applies).

PLEASE!!! do not make a reservation at multiple restaurants for the same nite. Not only is this a personal gripe of mine, but it's not fair to the restaurant, and not fair to other diners that might not be able to get a table because of the one you reserved and won't be using.

My favorite restaurant in the list is Brasserie 8 1/2, and i recommend it to anyone visiting the city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

This deal is alive once again (well, a slightly better deal is alive :) ).

If you're not a member (it's free) of Restaurant Associates, sign up HERE (scroll to bottom half of page).

Upon filling out the form you will get a pop-up window with your certificate that you can print out. There should be a certificate ID# on it, if not, try the HTML version. The voucher can only be printed out once, so make sure you're printer is ready.

The current promotion is for "Spend $50 and the next $50 is on us", valid for dinner only at the following restaurants:

Brasserie (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

Brasserie 8 1/2 (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

Cafe Centro (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

Naples 45 (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

Tropica (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

Nick and Stef's Steakhouse (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

The Sea Grill (1/5/04 - 2/29/04)

As well, "Spend $30 and the next $30 is on us", valid for dinner at:

Cucina and Co. (12/26/03 - 2/29/04)

Rock Center Cafe (1/5/04 - 2/29/04)

Macy's Cellar Bar and Grill (1/5/04 - 2/29/04)

Vouchers good for Dinner for 2

Not Valid New Years Eve or Valentine's Day

Not to be used on Price Fixe Menus, wine or beer dinners or other special events

Please base gratuity on value of check before discount

**Complete terms are available on the coupon**

A few words from me:

The Restaurant Associates group has been very kind with these offers, and as a local, i sincerely appreciate their offers... so please don't abuse this offer and do treat your servers well (ie- based the tip on pre-discount amounts) so that these offers continue.

Of those that i've tried, i really enjoy Brasserie 8 1/2 (mostly for their Banana Souffle dessert which is amazing) and the nice, yet casual, atmosphere.

Enjoy, and feel free to add your experiences to this thread so that others that want to use the vouchers can make good choices of where to use them.

As well, once you sign up they'll also send you a similar certificate once a year around your birthday.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I registred and printed out the form, what a generous offer... Thanks. Now I often experience some kind of catch with coupons like this. Now what's the catch with this one?

It says offer is good towards dinner for 2. Does this mean that if each of us spend 30$ totaling 60$ at panevino restaurant then we will recieve 30$ discount or 0$ discount?

Regards

Mogensen

Denmark

I've uses similar offers thru the Restaurant Associates with 'no strings attached'.

Panevino? I don't have the offer in front of me but that's not on the list in this thread and i think i included everything on the offer (but maybe i missed one?)

Just note that there are 2 different offers, as well as different start dates, depending upon the restaurant. For the 30/30 offer i would assume that if you're total bill is $50 it would cost you $30; for the 50/50 if your total bill is $90 it will end up costing you $50... since you're responsible for the first $30 or $50.

The only 'catches' that i know of is that the offers are not good during lunch hours, not valid for special events (sometimes they have wine/beer dinners and the like), not valid for price-fix dinners, and not valid for the specific dates mentioned in the offer (as well, since Nick and Stef's is located at the base of Madison Square Garden, it's only valid after a certain hour on 'event nites').

I commend the Restaurant Associates for their many offers throughout the year and am happy to let others know about their generous offers. If anyone has any trouble using any of their offers please let the rest of us know.

Thanks, then it really is a good offer.... :)

My fear was that it would only bring down the cost if the two of us each spent more than 30$ or 50$, but as i understand your post if the total bill for the two of us is 60$ without drinks, then i will get a $10 or 30$ discount depending on the restaurants offer.

Happy new year. It's only noon here in Denmark but allready the crackers are going off all around this neighborhood.

Kind regards

Mogensen

You got it right.

I actually think you could also include drinks that you have with dinner. The part about dinner i believe is to imply that it's not valid during lunch. I also think that your drinks should also be included, but their disclaimer is included to avoid the 'abuser' who goes in and orders 5 rounds of drinks and one appetizer... if you order a legitimate meal i don't think you'll have any problems.

In the past their promos were "$50 off 2 dinner for two" and this is the first time they're doing "the second $30 (or $50) is on us" but i think it's probably the same offer and it's being done this way just to avoid the two people coming in for dinner and just ordering two entrees (no appetizer, no drinks, no dessert) and walking out with a nil dinner tab.

• 1 month later...

Update: this offer is now only for "spend $50 and get $50 off on your birthday". I didn't register and download the coupon as my b'day is nearly a year away but it apears to specifically limit it to that day.

Well Happy Belated Birthday.

Actually the above promotion is a variation of one that they do every now and then, in addition to the Birthday promotion.

I regularly participate in the above offers and also receive a $50 Certificate every year to use on my birthday. Since the above offers expired at the end of Feb they have reverted back to their promoting their everyday offer of giving birthday certificates.

It's really a great deal and i commend Restaurant Associates on their offers.

As i learn of any new promotions in the future i will post them in this thread.

Back again (that didn't take long). Only good until the end of this month.

Details are on the right under "Spring Values" at THIS LINK

Full details at their website thru the link immediately above, but i have tried to summarize below.

$50/$50

Brasserie

Valid for dinner after 8pm

Sea Grill

Brasserie 8

I'm just back from the city and couldn't have used these due to the predetermined dining choices but will check back here for such bargains when planning my next trip to NY. We ate on Friday night at Etas-Unis, a very small place up around 2nd Avenue on 82nd Street. It was absolutely delightful. Really friendly service, very low key atmosphere with low noise levels and the food was wonderful. We shared a salad, shared an entree and had the chocolate souffle for two. The souffle is killer - better than what they serve at Danube and quite possibly the best dessert I have ever eaten. They offered to plate the split items voluntarily in a cheerful way and the portiosn were large enough that we did not leave feelign hungry, despite splitting everythign but dessert (which is shared but is a portion intended for two). Total bill with tax including two glasses of wine and a tonic water was about $83 - call it $100 with a tip.

Highly recommended - it was partly the company that made it so good but this was one of the best dinners I've ever had in NYC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

FYI, if you're going to NYC in October, check out www.restaurantassociates.com. They are again offering a certificate for up to $50 on any of their restaurants if you register with them. Also, if you click the link to the newsletter in the first section of the page, and scroll down toward the bottom, there is a link to get a certificate for $30 off at Rock Center Cafe, even if you are already a member. And, when you print out the certificate, it's actually good for all the restaurants, $30-50, depending on the restaurant.

I first learned about this discount on this site (thank you!), and it's been a great deal. Sea Grill and Brasserie 8 1/2 seemed the best. Brasserie was also good.

• 4 months later...

I signed up for DineOutNY last week. Do they send out the 30/30 or 50/50 deal often? I'm going to be in the city on March 24 and am wondering if I might get to use this offer.

Another question. Is it wrong to lie about my b-day to get the discount. I don't plan on being in NY on b-day but what a great deal this is? Will the restaurant check my license to verify b-day?

Also, I've heard that dinner reservations in the city should be made at least 2 weeks in advance. Does this sound accurate?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]