Hotwire Hotel: Help identifying a 3-star hotel in Secaucus - Meadowlands

angelax
By angelax,
in

hi,

sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, im new to this site.

i want to stay the the Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands from 12/7/07 to 12/14/07 hows the best way book this? ive seen two other people on this forum that have managed to stay there for $65 and $95. is there anyway to be sure that im bidding on the right hotel?

oh and also which is best to use priceline or hotwire? oh and im from the UK if that makes any diffrence.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

while the Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites) is probably one of the best hotels in this zone, you can't bid for a specific property using Priceline. There is a chance that you could get another 2.5* property or get upgraded to a 3* hotel.

HOTWIRE's amenity icons allow more educated guess to idenfity the property.

What is your maximum bid in this area and are you willing to accept any property in the shaded area of the Priceline Map?

angelax

One of the 'disadvantages' of getting big discounts on hotel rooms using either Priceline or Hotwire is that you cannot guarantee nor specify which hotel you'll get.

This board will help narrow down the possible outcomes, but we give no guarantees!

Read the reviews for the other hotels you may win in Secaucus and Jersey city and see if they suit your purpose (as suggested by Dahammer).

As Dahammer said if you use Hotwire there is more of a chance that we can ID the hotel (no guarantee!). Hotwire prices tend to be higher than the winning bids on Priceline.

Being from UK makes no difference to Hotwire or Priceline.

BTW

How did you find this board ?

I assume you have made the decision that price is more important than being able to target a specific property and that you are willing to accept a hotel anywhere with the shaded boundary of the zone?

Which zone(s) are you willing to bid? What is your minimum star rating?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
the rate for the Hyatt Jersey City is $459.00 per night and what i think is the Hyatt Jersey City is on Hotwire for $424

As I say in the previous thread the Hyatt is easier to win at the weekends as it is a business hotel.

Your dates are for the whole week so not surprisingly they are high!

Would you consider staying at two different hotels in order to try for the Hyatt at the weekend and then (possibly) Secaucus for the remainder?

I'm 100% certain you will not get the Hyatt for the whole week.

What is your maximum budget, per nite before taxes/fees, for each leg of your stay?

My maximum budget per night is:

Secaucus (hyatt place): $100

Hyatt jersey city: $150

NYC: $180

and i dont really want to change hotel more than once as this is my first time to New York and my first time traveling with out my parents (just me and by boyfriend)

By what methods and what day and times?

Im not a local (Far from it :) ) but the Wiki and the previous thread (post#9) I referred to have links to the bus and train timetables etc.

I was thinking maybe a shuttle or booking a taxi depending on the price.

JFK to Secacus - 16:30 on the 12/07/07

Secacus to JFK - 11.00 on yje 12/14/07

for 2 adults

Thereuare is a local so his advise will be the best, however these are my thoughts.

IMHO JFK to first hotel is easier if it is the Hyatt or at least in Jersey city

Also you've more likelihood of winning in Jersey city at the weekend than any other time.

So I'd try to get the Hyatt or similar (Doubletree, Candlewood) for your first 3 nights.

I don't believe you can get shuttles \taxis easily from JFK to New Jersey as it's across the Hudson (and in a different state) and there are local restrictions.

It's easy to get the the World Trade Centre subway and get the PATH to Jersey city.

Depending on your budget\priorities one can do this on the subway (takes an hour though!)

I'd then try for (say) another hotel either in Secaucus or try for the Candlewood suites in Jersey city.

Thereure will advise.

My maximum budget per night is:

Secaucus (hyatt place): $100

Hyatt jersey city: $150

NYC: $180

You can't choose the hotel you will get in each zone (ie- the Hyatt Place or Hyatt on the Hudson)... are you willing to bidd up to $100 for any 3* hotel in the Secaucus zone or up to $150 for any 3* hotel in the Jersey City zone?

I'm guessing a taxi from Secaucus-->JFK will probably be about $75-$100 (plus tolls), but there are 'reasonable' ways to do it for about $15-$20/per person.

Also, many hotels in this area have a minimum check-in age of 21 years old, are you 21 or older?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3.5-star hotel in Midtown Central

12/07/07-12/14/07

$254 per night retail $480.43 47% savings

• Fitness Center
  • High-speed Internet Access
  • Restaurant(s

could this be the clubquarters? but ive looked for prices and it dosnt cost any where near $480 per night.

does hotwire make the retail price up?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread (if you ultimately make your purchase in NYC we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board).

Are you still seeing this property on HOTWIRE? I don't see the description above on a current HOTWIRE search. If you are still seeing it, are you searching for more than one room or for greater occupancy than the default 2adults?

• 1 month later...

I'm a pretty frequent 'stayer' at properties in the Secaucus-Meadowlands area (for convenience to NY), at least a couple of times a month. I've gotten Hyatt Place twice in the past couple of months as a 2.5* bid on Priceline (and the La Quinta twice, as well), but have never gotten the Hyatt Place when I've selected a 3* on Hotwire (I've gotten the Holiday Inn Harmon Meadows and the La Quinta Clifton). (I don't think I've seen a 2.5* choice for Secaucus-Meadowlands on Hotwire.) I don't think the Hyatt Place in Secaucus is doing Hotwire. But if you get it on Priceline, its a great place to stay. One good check to see if you're likely to get it or the La Quinta for a 2.5* bid on Priceline is to check regular availability for Hyatt Place --- its often sold out, which the La Quinta Secaucus is seldom sold out.

I don't think the Hyatt Place in Secaucus is doing Hotwire.

A search of HOTWIRE Packages shows the Hyatt Place in Secaucus with the following amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, High-speed Internet Access.

rgdave: thanks for your post! We would welcome posts for any upcoming Secaucus bids as these will appear on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and possibly help others (or even me :) ) with the bidding process in this area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]