Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Finsbury-Islington) Hilton Islington

wishful
By wishful,
in

Got this hotel on my third bid, happy (extremely) with the price and location.

Bid 5* Soho just as a lark - $70

Added 4* because I knew I didn't want to put in for all the free rebids for a 5* and added Marble Arch - $75

Added Islington - $80

The bad thing this is I put in the wrong dates, I needed a room from 10/29-10/31 and when the bid was confirmed and it asked me if I wanted to extend my stay, it said no rooms were available for 10/30-10/31.

If I look up this hotel on Hotwire is it pretty sure I will get this hotel again? What does anyone think of me just bidding for a 4* in Islington for my extra night, how likely is it I would get this same hotel? It's really important that we don't need to switch hotels on Tuesday as we plan to be out starting at 6am for a day trip and can't come back to check out and move our luggage and don't want the hassle of checking out at 5am and going to anther hotel to store our luggage until we return.

Moderator, feel free to move to run of the house or "stupid bidding tricks" or "check the dates AGAIN" sections :)

Thanks,

Wishful

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

If I look up this hotel on HOTWIRE is it pretty sure I will get this hotel again?
What are the amenities shown to be associated with the hotel you're being offered on HOTWIRE?
What does anyone think of me just bidding for a 4* in Islington for my extra night, how likely is it I would get this same hotel?
Slim, given that you were rejected on your "add a nite" attempt and that no counter-offer was made.

You could store your bags as the hotel during the day, retrieve them when you return in the evening and then check-in to your new hotel. What is the rate for the remaining nite direct from the Hilton website? How much would you pay for the same hotel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Things are in a bit of a tizzy right now - got lucky with my Paris bids - so I may just take what I can get for London and bid for another night elsewhere, but I think I will just go on Priceline everyday and click on "Extend Your Stay" as that link is always there and see what happens.

FYI, I won the Islington Hilton and to my recollection did not bid on The City zone, but the Islington Hilton is listed on the hotel list here and elsewhere as in The City zone, so that just adds to the minor confusion for me :)

You can only try the 'extend your stay option' once.

Really? When I go to "View my trips" and then click on my trip it shows two links, one at the top and one right above the info I cut and pasted and it says "Happy with your hotel? Extend your stay!" Darn, I was keeping my fingers crossed. I'll try what the other poster said and call the Hilton Islington, but in looking at room dates and prices, the room rates have gone up to $500+ a night starting the 30th from their usual $300 a night, so possibly there's a convention or something.

All in all, heck I'll be in London, so I guess it won't matter :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]