Belgium Brussels Sheraton

iahphx
By iahphx,
in

A good value for the $50 I paid, but certainly not a

"destination" hotel. Old, big skyscraper hotel showing its age. Hotel seems to be slooowly renovating its rooms. I had 2: one was a 20-year-old time warp, the other had new carpeting but otherwise old decor (hallways were all redone). But the rooms are large and the hotel has a nice and unusual rooftop swimming pool. Location isn't perfect, although you can walk to the main square in about 15 minutes (or take the subway right outside the hotel). I drove there and it's on a main road and VERY easy to find. Even found free parking across the square! There's a Hilton and Crowne Plaza right next door, in case you get one of those.

If travelling with a family, be careful that you wind up with enough space. Hotel in theory has 2 bed rooms, but they seem scarce. I had reserved 2 rooms, and couldn't get the 2 bed rooms. The manager did bring in rollaways for free, however.

I was looking for any combination of bedding for 5 people (3 children). I called Sheraton before departure and requested 2 twin bed connecting rooms. They delivered on the connecting part, but each room had only one queen bed. No other rooms were available. The good part was that the connecting rooms seem to be in each corner of the building and one of them is quite large, so it was no problem putting in two rollaways. But if you just booked 1 room for, say, 4 people, you might run into a problem.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]