Priceline Hotel: Best time to bid?

rocko
By rocko,
in

I'd be happy with the Intercontinental, Mondrian, or Hyatt Century Plaza in west hollywood, the renaissance in hollywood, or the sheraton in santa monica. I'm not sure what exactly and when exactly to bid, but it looks like most of these hotels have been picked up recently for $125, so that's all I've tried so far. Maybe I should wait a few months and try again? Am I being too picky for priceline? Thanks!

We need to know your maximum budget

If you don't know what your maximum is when bidding then we really can't come up with a strategy.

Previous winning amounts can be a guide to future bids but prices can vary wildly due to demand.

I also forgot to ask what is your minimum star level you're prepared to go down to.

Thanks.

I'd be happy with the Intercontinental, Mondrian, or Hyatt Century Plaza in west hollywood, the renaissance in hollywood, or the sheraton in santa monica.

A word of caution... you're not bidding on a specific hotel, only a minimum star rating and a predifined zone... you need to be comfortable receiving any hotel in the zone at the minimum star level you have selected.

Since you have already tried bidding for this stay, please include what bids you have already made... which zones and at what star level did you bid?

You should determined a maximum bid by researching hotel direct rates and determing your best deal if you weren't able book thru the opaque suppliers... then discount this amount somewhat due to the conditions (non-cancellable, not knowing the hotel beforehand, etc) of an opaque purchase. Given the amount of time between now and your stay you don't necessarily need to bid the amount you determine at this point in time, but you should have an idea of what that number is so that you can bid realistically and strategically.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]