Priceline Hotel: Help for Vancouver, WA

distein
By distein,
in

I have many winning bids at Priceline.

Choose the Downtown area for Vancouver, WA. Usually a bid of $33 will get you the Red Lion at the Quay.

I am looking for somewhere else that is NICER, but seem to keep getting the warning messages when I bid below $40 in the other Vancouver, WA areas...

Can anyone help?

If you are looking to stay in Portland, OR you can usually get cheaper bids by choosing Vancouver.

No guarantee this would work, but sometimes 2.5* hotels are nicer than 3* hotels. What if you bid $40 for a 2.5*? The disadvantage is the fairly likely possibility of getting upgraded to a 3* and still paying more.

I think people have gotten 2.5* and 3* hotels in Portland, OR in the low-30s many times.

What does Hotwire offer?

I want to stay on a Saturday, but I cannot stay in Portland, OR. I have won many times on Priceline by selecting all three zones in Vancouver and bidding $33. Unfortunately, Red Lion at the Quay always accepts the bid.

The lowest I have tried in the "Salmon Creek" and "Vancouver Mall" zones is $40, at that point the "low chance of acceptance bid warning" goes away.

Hotwire's lowest was $59.99. I would rather stay at the Red Lion that pay twice what I have been.

Thanks! :)

I am 100% totally unfamiliar with Vancouver, but curious why are you checking all 3 zones at once? Why don't you try checking one of the non-Quay zones, see what happens, add the other non-Quay zone at a buck or two more, and see what happens. Just an idea. I bet the other two zones have higher minimum prices, or maybe the other zones don't have 3* at all, and when you check all 3 zones on the first bid that is why you win that Red Lion in that low price zone. Check just one zone at a time maybe?

Ignore the warning messages particularly if you have extra rebid zones or extra time to rebid. Your $33 bids are definitely in the acceptable range, I have gone as low as $25 on a winning 3* bid in Tampa years ago (true 3*, not upgraded).

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]