CA Dana Point Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort

camachinist
By camachinist,
in

Stayed at Laguna Cliffs on 4/18/04. 50.00 + taxes and service fee.

Stayed in room 209. 2 doubles. Nice partial ocean view. Away from pool, overlooking lawn area below Regatta Bar and Grill. Usual Marriott quality and service. No mention of PL. Valet park is 20.00 pd; self park is 16.00. Desk noted hi-speed internet is now 9.95 but as still in transition they comp people who ask for the free access. Local calls are free; no time limit. I got 45k consistently on dial-up.

Room service prompt and courteous. Only had breakfast. Good smoked salmon. In-room coffee. Nice and quiet overall, but this was a Sunday night. Lots to see and do which we didn't check out. Did walk the park below the hotel and browse the shops down at the harbor. Be aware, if wanting to park on the street to avoid parking fees, that it's a good uphill walk to the hotel, nearly 1/4 mile from the furthest cars we saw parked.

Total cost for night, including drinks, room service breakfast, valet parking, taxes, gratuities and bid, was approximately 120.00. Well worth it IMO. It appears we got MR points for stay and incidentals (wife is MR elite).

We'd stay again. Definitely a place to stay multiple nights to really enjoy the ambience.

• 1 year later...

Staying at the hotel now. It is wonderful! Actually, this is our second night here. I went back to Priceline last week and requested another night. The same bid of $50 was accepted for Sunday night. And thanks to this site, I checked out the on street parking when we arrived. It was wide open, so I saved the $22 per day parking fee.

As far as I am concerned, this is far nicer than many of the so called 4* hotels I have stayed in. The room is clean, well appointed, nice small balcony with ocean view, and the hotel grounds are spectaculary beautiful. The staff was very gracious on check-in, even though priceline was on the reservation form (although that may have been because I tipped the front door man and the bellman well). I guess the only thing they didn't do that the 4* places do is come in and turn down the beds. But I never let them do that anyway.

We looked at the other 3* in town from the road, the Doubletree Suites, and it looks like just a motel, while this looks like a resort. So what makes both of these 3*? And what makes others 4*? Well, I'm off to the spa -- talk to you later.

Staying here, tonight. PL bid of 59. No mention at check in. Did ask for a picture ID

Parking is now 22/night-Sef and Valet are the same. Choose to park on the road coming in, as mentioned it is a hike but valets have no problem watching your car while you get checked in(my guess is that sometime in the ver near future the driveway becomes a no parking zone.)

Staying in King smoking, room is typical Marriott. Partial Ocen View-looking at the layout it appears most are. Room is clean-couple burn marks on carpet. There is a mini-bar, usual MB type prices. Does have a nice size balcony. Bath amenities are Neutragena with the added bonus of some bath gel. HSIA is 9.95-didn't use.

One of the pools is closed, front desk was not sure for how much longer. And, the coffee shop is undergoing renovations(probably being converted to a Starbucks)

Hard to go wrong with the price I paid, Marriott's website says 234/night for the room.

Time to go find a cold beverage

Bid $70 and won...before I stumbled on this site and found out I could've started out lower. :) Anyway, it was still a pretty good deal, I thought.

There was a major messup with housekeeping. We checked in after 4pm, but when we entered our room, it hadn't been cleaned. Dirty towels and glasses, sheets stripped from beds. I called the front desk and they immediately sent up keys to a new (larger and nicer) room. When we got there, THAT room was still being cleaned! Kostas, the rooms manager was extremely apologetic and gracious. He promised to look into the housekeeping issue and comped us a wonderful, delicious dinner at the Regatta Bar and Grill. I was annoyed at first but quite placated (maybe from being overstuffed) by this gesture.

Other than that, we were impressed with the grounds and the service. A major snafu such as this would probably never have happened at the Ritz or St. Regis, but I doubt I could've gotten either for seventy bucks!

It's a nice walk to the park and to the beach, and the weather was glorious. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. Our room (once we got a clean one) was very nicely appointed and the bed was comfy. We're planning on going back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]