Hotwire Hotel: 2* Portland (Beaverton - Hillsboro) Homestead

sweet_avalanche
By sweet_avalanche,
in

• 2 months later...

Just a followup... When my sister & mom checked in, my mom got an okay room (non-smoking), but my sister was given a room in a different building (they said there was nothing closer to my mom's room), and that room reeked of smoke. She requested a new room, but the hotel said that their hotwire contract did not require them to provide a non-smoking room. She then politely asked if they planned to pay her hospital bill when she had an asthma attack (a little creative!), and they somehow found another room just a few doors down from my mom's room. I guess it turned out okay, but this was my first negative experience with a hotwire purchase.

Sorry i missed this thread when you first posted.

Sorry she had a bad experience but glad it worked out in the end. The hotel is actual correct that they don't guarantee a non-smoking room... but they are required to give you a clean room and one that smells of smoke doesn't qualify as such. Most times these type of issues can be resolved if you talk to a high enough authority at the hotel and i'm glad your sister was able to resolve it.

Congratulations on your nuptuals.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]