Priceline Hotel: Resort Aruba Westin

nycchic
By nycchic,
in

Hi, this is my first post. I was so excited to find this forum! I would like to use Priceline to bid on a Resort in the Bahamas in New Providence Island - Paradise Island. I looked at the previously won Priceline hotel list on this forum and didn't see any historical Resort category wins.

If I look at the regular Priceline hotel section where one can pay (not bid) for a hotel, I see that the only Resort in New Providence Island - Paradise Island is the Atlantis. If I go to the bidding section of Priceline and select Resorts, is there a good chance of me winning the Atlantis?

When I looked at the Priceline hotel list on this forum, I saw that others had won the 4* British Colonial Hilton Nassau, which is confusing to me because there is no 4* category to bid on when I look at the Priceline site, so how did people will the British Colonial? I'm afraid that if I select the Resort category I may get the British Colonial, although the British Colonial comes up as a 4* in the regular pay section of Priceline.

Hope this post is not too confusing, I am happy to clarify if you need more information. I really want to stay at the Atlantis, and I am wondering if I bid on Priceline for Resort in New Providence Island - Paradise Island, is there a good chance I will get the Atlantis? Thank you in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If I look at the regular Priceline hotel section where one can pay (not bid) for a hotel, I see that the only Resort in New Providence Island - Paradise Island is the Atlantis. If I go to the bidding section of Priceline and select Resorts, is there a good chance of me winning the Atlantis?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
...there is no 4* category to bid on when I look at the Priceline site, so how did people will the British Colonial? I'm afraid that if I select the Resort category I may get the British Colonial, although the British Colonial comes up as a 4* in the regular pay section of Priceline.
Since there is no 4* currently offered thru priceline's "name your own price" service, this is further evidence that the 'bidding' and 'retail' product each use a different universe of hotels.

The British Colonial could have been won when there was 4* hotel bidding offering in this zone... this property may have have chosen to no longer to participate in the "name your own price" section of priceline, as well, hotels can be upgraded/downgraded at any time.

What is your budget for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply. The maximum I would like to bid for a Resort is $175/night. Is the Resort category higher than 4*? Do you have any bidding suggestions? I haven't seen any Resort wins on the Priceline hotel list so I have no idea what I might win....have you heard of anyone winning a Resort on Paradise Island via Priceline? Thank you again.

Resorts are higher rated than 4*. You can see this thread for additional information: Priceline Star Hierarchy

With no re-bid zones, i would make the following bids, trying every 24 hours...

Bid $125, $140, $150, $160, $170, $175.

All hotels reported to the board would be found in our Priceline Hotel List, and given no reports there, i would suspect that this will likely be a tough win. The aboev should take you less than a week to get up to your maximum bid, but i woudl begin to find alternatives as your chances of success may be less than 50/50.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the above method, I bid on Priceline up to $185 for a Resort and was rejected. Not sure if I should keep trying because I wanted to keep my trip costs low and initially my max bid was $175. Maybe I should choose a different vacation destination? Based on the posts, looks like others are going to Aruba in the month of November. Does anyone know if it's really warm in Aruba in November? I would like to go to a place that's really warm so I can swim in the ocean and I want to stay at a really nice hotel. Thank you for your help.

• 2 years later...
Looks like there are a lot of Aruba Westin hotel wins. I noticed the hotel is undergoing construction in the lobby. Has anyone reviewed the hotel after being there during the construction?

I ended up going to Aruba. I bid on Priceline and won for $180/night. The hotel room was really nice with a flat screen TV but the bathroom was really old and needed to be remodeled.

Which hotel in Aruba did you win?

Was it for the same set of dates as originally posted in this thread, 11/15/07-11/19/07??

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay (even if you don't end up using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, etc) so that the information can best help other users.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]