Priceline Hotel: san diego

nofishes
By nofishes,
in

We don't typically see bids under $100 accepted on Coronado, even when rates on Cornonado are relatively low. And for your dates (a Friday and Saturday night) rates aren't low. The Marriott Coronado is sold out and Loew's is $289/night. Hotwire has a 4* on Coronado for $173 that looks like Loew's. But that $173 is only for a party of two. When I enter a party of four there's no longer any Coronado availability on Hotwire.

If $100 is your limit then you'll probably need to consider other zones than Coronado, and possibly 3* hotels as well.

Also, Priceline only guranatees double occupancy, which could be a room with one double bed. Since you need two beds you'll be better off using HOTWIRE than Priceline, or book something conventionally. On Hotwire you can specify four in a room and only be offered options that will accomodate four.

Are you familiar with San Diego so that you know what other zones to consider? Or were you looking for zone/quality suggestions?

I only checked HOTWIRE because you need two beds. Under $100 there isn't a lot that weekend.

2.5* Old Town $89

2.5* SeaWorld-MissionBay-Shelter Island $92

2* Old Town $90

The 2.5* Old Town is a probable match for the Holiday Inn Express. The other two haven't been identified. All three have free breakfast.

I know you said your limit was $100 but I'll mention there's a 3.5* in Downtown-Harbor Island for $129 that matches the Sheraton Suites. The regular price is $199 that weekend. This is the best deal I see for something "nicer". The Sheraton is an all suite hotel, with room for four to spread out. But no free breakfast plus pay parking. You could take the light rail from the hotel to the football game at Qualcomm though.

Maybe one of the San Diego locals here will have some other suggestions.

If you do choose to purchase the Sheraton Suites or one of the other Hotwire options please purchase through this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you got.

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Holiday Inn Express would be our best guess for the above (if correct, it would have a new Hi-Speed Internet amenity icon associted with it since previously reported)

Maybe somebody else can help with alternate parking ideas in the area.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if the poster actually came to town, since the BYU game was cancelled because of the fires, but the following will apply if you return in December:

For both the Holiday Inn Old Town and the Courtyard Old Town the parking fee can be avoided by simply parking on the street. I have never had a problem finding a space, though if you arrived midday perhaps on a very busy summer weekend there might be a problem. But there is also the Old Town Trolley parking lot in a pinch ( a 10 minute walk). The two hotels used to be owned by the same people (probably still are), and they share a shuttle van. I spoke with the Courtyard manager once and he was very conscientious and friendly. The Courtyard has a very nice breakfast buffet -- that you have to pay for.

Make sure you check your bill at the end of your stay -- they once tried to charge us the parking fee anyway....So insist when you check in that you do not need the garage.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]