Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Renton - Kent) Hilton Garden

windjay
By windjay,
in

I am flyinginto SEATAC on June 7 , seeing a doctor in the University area at 9 the next morning and then going to B.C.We don't want to get hung up in rush hour traffic on I-5 but would like to get a clean room cheap. We will have a rental car. where should we bid and at what level?

In my recent bids for Seattle, one of them was a 2* $39 bid in the U District - Northgate District. This got a counteroffer for $11 more. I suspect the hotel I would have gotten is the Silver Cloud Inn in the U District. No way to know of course, as there have never been any reported bids in thisarea. But I suspect a $45 or so bid might work in that district. That hotel has positive reviews on TripAdvisor.

Alternatively you could bid for a downtown hotel. It would be no more than 2 or 3 miles to where you're going, so even in the worst traffic it wouldn't take that long (I hope). I'll be posting soon with my positive review of the 2* Springhill Suites which we just stayed at. If you were lucky enough to get that, it would be a quick ride.

Alternatively you could bid for a Lake Union hotel, which would also be no more than 2 or 3 miles and probably less risk of traffic also.

While I think Lake Union / University Districts are the closest, Bellevue might be cheaper, but I don't know that I would want to hassle with the route over the 520 bridge in the morning especially if you are unfamiliar where you're going, unless the price was really right. We need a local to shed light on I-90/520 traffic at that time of morning. Most of the Bellevue hotels I have seen are near I-405, which is an easy drive from the airport to avoid most of I-5.

I'd definitely avoid staying south of Seattle or too far north (Lynnwood) since you seem concerned about the traffic, particularly at that time of day. Downtown Seattle can be difficult to navigate if you aren't familiar, and parking charges can be really high, so unless there is a real compelling reason to stay downtown, if it was me I'd avoid it for your stay.

Why don't you check prices at Lake Union / U-District and see what comes up that you can reserve and cancel if you get a better deal?

I would definitely stay away from Bellevue for your plans. Traffic can very likely be bad, so you might miss your appointment. I would suggest to try Lake Union 2.5* which will likely yield the Courtyard or the Silvercloud Inn on Lake Union. From there it is only a short drive to the UW which is not prone to rush hour traffic. If that doesn't go through for up to $50, I would switch to University/Northgate which should be a little bit cheaper! Downtown is probably not to be recommended because of distance to UW and parking.

Good luck!

I agree. Actually the Springfield Suites where WillTravel stayed would be a good location for Cap Hill, but so is Lake Union. I'd be careful with Northgate/UW though, because Northgate is really quite out of the way for Capitol Hill. I recommend bidding Downtown and Lake Union.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]