Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-Westwood-Century City)

1l0v3b4l1
By 1l0v3b4l1,
in

I am a new member, just registered a few minutes ago, so bear with me :)

Will be in Los Angeles on 12/27-12/31, need hotel either in Beverly Hills-WestWood-Century City OR LAX. The following are the options in my head right now. Please help me with answers shown below.

FYI, I never buy a room from hotwire.com, kinda hate of the idea of buying "a pig in a poke" but their low rates are inresistable not to start to try :) so finding this forum is really really a blessing for me!! :o

1. Details for your 4-star hotel in Beverly Hills - Westwood - Century City

Hotel Details

CheckInDate:Thu, Dec 27, 2007

Check out:Sun, Dec 30, 2007

$99/NIGHT

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

2. Details for your 4-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX

Hotel Details

Check in:

Fri, Dec 28, 2007

Check out:

Mon, Dec 31, 2007

$65/NIGHT

Our 4-star hotel suppliers include:

Intercontinental, Hyatt, Omni, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

When do I learn the hotel's name?

Hotel Amenities

Airport Shuttle

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Qs:

1. What hotels would I get?

2. Will the hotels honor my special request for number of beds preferred?

3. What's the parking surcharge daily, if any?

4. This is just a general question. Say, I will get a room with 2 double beds in it and I will come with 2 more people so, total 4 will be in a room but I do not want to pay extra fees for extra persons. Any advise? :)

Thanks again for your response!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1. What hotels would I get?
We can't see the hotel name either, so we can't tell you what you will get... but the first hotel matches what has previously been reported for the Inter-Continental (slight chance it may also match the Hilton Beverly Hills too) and the second hotel matches what has previously been reported for the Sheraton Gateway... that would be ou rbest guess for each.
2. Will the hotels honor my special request for number of beds preferred?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
3. What's the parking surcharge daily, if any?
Each hotel has their own, if any... you can go to the respective websites of each of the above to see what each charges for parking. (assuming we're correct for the guess of each)
4. This is just a general question. Say, I will get a room with 2 double beds in it and I will come with 2 more people so, total 4 will be in a room but I do not want to pay extra fees for extra persons. Any advise?
It's a risk... if you search for only 2 people you could receive a hotel room with only one bed and the hotel may change it to a room with two beds, or they can choose not to change it, and they would be within their right to do so since all that is guaranteed is a room which accomodates the number of people you searched for. If you can't take the risk, then search for everyone in your party.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

if you must know the name of the hotel with 100% assurance, then book directly with the hotel, you will pay the going rate. If you want an educated guess as to the identity of the hotel, go with HOTWIRE. If you can accept a bit more risk and accept any hotel that matches the star rating within the zone you've selected, then start a Priceline bid.

its up to you to determine the ammount of risk that you will accept for the reward of saving up to 50% off conventional rates. If you were looking at a 2* hotel, I might agree that you could end up at a pig in a polk, and I have endured a few in my time :), I'm not sure how many 4* pigs are out there :) What is the best rate that is available for the Intercontinental for your dates?

For me, I started with HOTWIRE a few years ago and after a few successful stays and enjoying some nice savings, I started to bid on Priceline as I feel that the deals are better and I am comfortable with the rebidding proceess.

You may end up with a smoking room, although this has happened to me only twice in about 3 years. You may end up paying for parking and High Speed Internet and perhaps a resort charge, but these fees are minor compared to the potential savings. You may end up with a power hungry, snotty, desk clerk who feels its his duty to shaft the HOTWIRE or Priceline customers, but this is rare.

Say, I will get a room with 2 double beds in it and I will come with 2 more people so, total 4 will be in a room but I do not want to pay extra fees for extra persons. Any advise?

I'll also add that if you abide by the rules (ie- needing two beds and including 4 people in your HOTWIRE search than 2 people) you're less likely to be disappointed by not getting the bedding arrangements you require.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm confused...

There is no Inter-Continental in the LAX zone. Did you bid and win a hotel via priceline, purchase one on HOTWIRE, or are you finding some hotel in the LAX area priced at $65/ntie?

Maybe I was wrong/mixed up here. I have been browsing for hotels so many times from various travel sites in the last few weeks, I don't know anymore of what hotel from what site and at what rate :) but one time hotwire gave rate of $65/night for 4* hotels in LAX area.

So, no, I did not bid and win any from either priceline nor hotwire, yet. Sorry for the confusion.

I double checked and there is, well, that's what HW stated re: their hotel suppliers :)

This is a 'boilerplate' message and applies to hotels throughout the HOTWIRE system, not necessarily in the zone you're looking at. As well, star ratings are hotel specific, not brand specific. Using the Hyatt as an example... there are Hyatt properties that are 4* rated as well as Hyatt properties that are 3* rated, it all depends upon the specific location (and the quality of that specific hotel)
We can't see the hotel name either, so we can't tell you what you will get... but the first hotel matches what has previously been reported for the Inter-Continental (slight chance it may also match the Hilton Beverly Hills too) and the second hotel matches what has previously been reported for the Sheraton Gateway... that would be our best guess for each.
Per the hotel descriptions you posted above, the first hotel is not in the LAX zone, it is in the (Beverly Hills - Westwood - Century City) zone, and is priced at $99 (note $65)... that is a match for the Inter-Continental... the other (in the LAX zone) is a match for the Sheraton Gateway. (assuming each of the above are still showing for your search)

Please remember to use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide or if we can help further.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]