Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Westin River North

smithiu
By smithiu,
in

I've been having a tough time finding a 4* in Chicago for the weekend of October 12 - 14. My husband and I have both been trying, and we've been shut out twice now. We're looking either in River North or the Loop, and we've been adding Midway in for rebidding purposes. We've gone all the way up to $180 with no results. Any suggestions? Should we just keep trying?

You don't mention your maximum bid, but i've also found the Crowne Plaza Metro for $225/nite as well as Hotel 71 for $240/nite, both thru GTA Hotels.

The Crowne Plaza Metro doesn't look to be in the 'heat of the action', but the reviews are pretty good and maybe AaronJB can comment on this location and if there are any L stops near by.

What is your maximum budget per nite for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Crowne Plaza Metro is a nice hotel, but it's out by the highway. It would not be bad for someone on business in the Loop, but for a sightseer/tourist, it would be inconvenient.

Hotel 71 is superbly located, but reviews have gone downhill and I can't imagine things are getting any better now that the owner is reportedly having financial issues (he was one of the backers for the Nicky Hilton hotel chain that never happened.)

The Comfort Inn would offer the best location and, while basic, it does get excellent reviews. I actually found the CI for a couple of bucks less on sale at Expedia ($183.60 instead of $189) The CI is also a couple of blocks from Michigan Ave. and a block or two from a subway station. Again, not a 4* but a good deal considering how expensive everything else is.

I feel your pain. I have been trying for the weekend of Oct. 12-15 for about 2 months. The prices have not come down. I have gone up to $220 for a 4* in the Mil/Grant Park or North River areas with no success. I checked the convention calendars before we planned on that weekend, but I guess they weren't up to date then. Best of luck!

Tracy

Thanks everyone! I did snap up the Comfort Inn as a backup, which I'm sure will be fine if we don't end up finding anything else - it gets good reviews on TripAdvisor. But it's my 30th birthday that weekend, so I was hoping for something a little nicer. I've been up to $205 with no luck, and that's about as high as we'd like to go. Any chance on prices coming down? I did see that $155 win for the Westin on Monday...

Thanks again! And good luck to you too, Tracy!

Anna

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll then move this entire thread to that section of the board.

The above is a match for the Hilton Garden Inn as well as the City Center Hotel and Sports Club so either of these would be our best guess... although i suspect the one you're seeing here is more likely the City Center Hotel and Sports Club.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still looking around... I just missed being able to book what looked like the Hotel Indigo yesterday on Hotwire by a few minutes! :)

Any guesses as to what the following hotel is?

3.5-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast - $169

Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet

Thanks!

Could you add the price paid and the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread in order to help future users who may be looking for a Chicago hotel for these same dates... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]